Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organisation

Options
  • 19-10-2005 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

I spent 4 hours yesterday and today sorting out a box of all the handouts/notes I have gotten since 5th year. :rolleyes:

Now they are all neatly filed away (dont know for how long though:) ) but it was some pain in the ar*e!

What are you all like for organisation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i've been organised since 1st year lol! i always keep my handouts in folders and stuff and have them all labelled by date and topic and stuff!! yeah im weird like that but its handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm kind of organised. It have stuff in folders and labelled as to each topic, but I wish I'd labelled what chapter & stuff my handouts were, for maths It's all a bit of a mess.

Being organised cuts your workload so much though, it's essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Ah, maybe I should start organising now, then. While I'm still in 5th year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

My notes are all neatly organised accross my bedroom floor, they're filed under the headings of:
    Date recieved (indicated by the condition of the paper)
    and
    Difficulty of Topic (indicated by distance from my bed, from 'easiest' nearest, to 'diffulct' furthest, to 'impossible' in my bin.)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ok, organise NOW, it will just be more of a nuisance the longer you leave it. Last year half my friends didn't even know where their notes were by the time the mocks were looming and instead of studying properly for the mocks that had to spend an entire weekend in some cases getting their stuff into folders etc, and then ended up desperately cramming. Not a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good man, OP. Organisation is the most important thing this year, in my opinion. Organise all your notes into folders and divide them into sections, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I have all my sheets spread across two folders, one from 5th and one from 6th year. They're in no order whatsoever. At least I know what's what though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Lord Oz wrote:
    I have all my sheets spread across two folders, one from 5th and one from 6th year. They're in no order whatsoever. At least I know what's what though.
    Put them in order now before you get bogged down studying. There's nothing worse in 6th year than desperately needing to study but having to spend days sorting through piles of disorganised notes. Make sure you have it done well before the Christmas exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I just have those plastic folder things, with the button on them and one for each subject, two for English, one for King Lear and one for Poetry...
    I'm farily organised, I'm a bit of an organised chaos person... I've a pile under my desk that all my sheets get put in and every so often I sort them out...

Advertisement