Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubs and socs ball

• 19-10-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Ok people so whats the deal with the clubs and socs ball? I hear its formal wear. How formal are we talking? Could I get away with wearing a suit instead of having to fork out like 90 euro on a tux? Also is it a mate thing or more of a date kinda night? Also Im guessing its ok to bring someone form outside the college to it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's generally debs style garb. You'd get away with a suit though. Once you're neat and tidy. They often get good deals with black tie and the like for tux hire if you want to go down that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Ah suit defo, its grand that way. I think its wuit or tux there wouldnt be any "getting away" with it invovlved!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Oh **** yeah, the whole *date* thing, ffs.

I am buying my ticket and I dont care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

lol cheers for the feed back peoples. I'll probably go then I guess :) Just couldnt afford 90 euro on top of the 45 for the ticket and the fact im gonna be paying bout 15 at least to get home also :P

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Souless wrote:
    im gonna be paying bout 15 at least to get home also :P

Not optimistic then? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

CuLT wrote:
    Not optimistic then? ;)

Lol ;) well you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Souless wrote:
    Ok people so whats the deal with the clubs and socs ball?

It's the Socs Ball.
    Souless wrote:
    I hear its formal wear. How formal are we talking? Could I get away with wearing a suit instead of having to fork out like 90 euro on a tux?

Yes black tie, tho a suit is fine,
    Souless wrote:
    Also is it a mate thing or more of a date kinda night? Also Im guessing its ok to bring someone form outside the college to it?

It's more a mates night than a date night, it's not like a debs. It's more a case going to a good event that you have to dress up for.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

im going my self... good luck getting tickets. :rolleyes: was gonna go in my last year couldnt wait any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Just for anyone who doesnt know by now, and really you must have been hiding for the last week or two, General Sale Tickets are on sale on Wednesday at 9 a.m. And there should be a real good buzz around campus that morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Jesjes wrote:
    Oh **** yeah, the whole *date* thing, ffs.

I am buying my ticket and I dont care.
    You don't need a date...

I went to it last year with two mates (both female so I didn't look that pathetic) and this year there's a big group of us going...

Had to get mine through MechSoc though (yay committee) because Class Reps can't get them anymore... pity cos it's my first year as a rep...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

The Union was offered tickets about two months ago just like clubs and societies but they refused this,so class reps were not allowed to buy tickets as they were already offered to the Union

Advertisement