Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Ibb Nightmare continues.....

• 19-10-2005 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Over a month ago i posted saying i got out of my contract and was recieving a refund etc.. anyway after a few weeks since then. I still have not recieved a deinstallation..... No Refund.......No Reply phone calls(about 10 have been made) from the dublin/cork office........Still getting charged for ibb while waiting for them to take away there stuff.....Head wreckers......

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Dan,

I cancelled IBB and had the equipment removed a few months ago and had the same problem...

Write a letter to your bank asking them to stop the direct debit. It's a good idea to explain why within that letter... eg. "I have cancelled the service giving the required notice but they have failed to respond, The contact details given for billing enquiries do not answer the phone or reply to emails."

I actually have the equipment removed 4 months ago and they are still trying to debit money from my account and I get an invoice at the end of each month.

One thing I have to say is disconnect their equipment and never use it. That way they can't say you cancelled the service in August but you were still using it in September.

**EDIT ** If you cancelled and they did initially acknowledge the cancellation, yet still took out money from your account after that acknowledgement, you can ask your bank to recover that money. Alternatively, you could file a small claim. I think it costs about 8 euro and any costs you incurr in filing the claim will be added to the judgment if found in your favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Well Yes i did cancell my contract with them and they acknowledged it. I will order a most recent bank statement a check it out be i am almost positive...I emailed the Manager of ibb awhile ago should get a response from her tomorrow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Make sure you keep a record of all correspondance. Letters, print out emails, make a note of date/time/employee of phone calls.

To this day, they are sending out invoices to me after they took their equipment back.

Try Comreg or small claims court. If you don't go through legal means, they will not respond to you.

They ignored me until I went legal on their a$$e$, then they were as nice as anything. Still charging though. €85 Euro a month :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

IrishTLR wrote:
    Make sure you keep a record of all correspondance. Letters, print out emails, make a note of date/time/employee of phone calls.

To this day, they are sending out invoices to me after they took their equipment back.

Try Comreg or small claims court. If you don't go through legal means, they will not respond to you.

They ignored me until I went legal on their a$$e$, then they were as nice as anything. Still charging though. €85 Euro a month :)

Got rid of the fools on the 13th Sep, the equipment was removed within a few days of cancelling the contract. I was promised a 2 month refund for poor service which has not happened (not holding my breath). I even received an invoice for October but as of yet no additional monies have been debited from my account. I always keep a close eye on my finances but even more so with IBB involved. If they do take monie illegally I will be demanding that the financial institution take the appropriate steps to recover the monies.

You just can't trust a company like IBB who operate with impunity and have no moral ethics.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭[V3]

Do you just ring IBB to cancel your contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well im planing on doing it to ibb and not the other way around. When I get rid of them im just stoping payment and not telling them. It will be up to them to cut me off when I do it not the other way around. They owe me that much at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I am in a similar boat - cancelled - they have accepted the cancellation - waiting for the "cancellation team" to organise a de-install.

If they don't take their kit back surely you could demand rental from them for the radio taking up space on your property :):):)

Tis all good.... My Contract is closed......I am due to recieve my refund on the 28/10/05.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

[V3] wrote:
    Do you just ring IBB to cancel your contract?

Keep the pressure up and they will agree to cancel the contract. I kept emailing them on a daily basis with the proof that the service was poor ( screenshots of speed tests & abysmal download rates). After a month they agreed to remove the equipment.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Jesus I remember you saying that you were getting it out and that
    was weel before i did, and my deinstallation was done
    weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I am in a similar boat - cancelled - they have accepted the cancellation - waiting for the "cancellation team" to organise a de-install.

If they don't take their kit back surely you could demand rental from them for the radio taking up space on your property :):):)

I couldent care less about the deinstall. Their gear will just go into the bin and if they come looking for it i`ll tell em it blew off the roof when metro came out!

I will sell it its worth a fair bit..... But its handy for me The New company i am going for installation is 150 Which i dont have so i need the refund before i can order a new one the joys of student life... But at least i have a date when i will recieve the refund check....At least my contract is closed with them so the longer they take the longer i have free BB not that its worth much..

Advertisement