Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ah no, not Google Mail!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

move to ireland ya dirty brit!

seriously though.. it's still GMail for me, thank fook.... "suchandsuch@googlemail.com" is a bit long winded. I'd say you're right about the UTV thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

if using windows they usually pick the locale you picked during set up.

for winxp...Control Panel>Regional & Language options>Location drop down box. But now that the gmail addie is set up I doubt ya can change it, could always get another new one with the @gmail etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

gmail is so much better than hotmail, WAY more space :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

likin changin the fonts!!

likin changin the fonts!!
    Please stop :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Goodshape wrote:
    Please stop :(

I like this idea!

Anyway, for gmail it says gmail when I'm at home and Googlemail when I'm at work so I doubt they'll be killing off gmail.com for UK users any time soon, :)

Forget where I read it, but regardless of what domain you've got (gmail / googlemail) mail sent to either will get sent to you. The only real deference is what you see on your end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Goodshape wrote:
    Forget where I read it, but regardless of what domain you've got (gmail / googlemail) mail sent to either will get sent to you. The only real deference is what you see on your end.

Thats true, but apparently UK users *might* loose the ability to use gmail.com
    so many a story have said anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Goodshape wrote:

:D
    still gmail for me too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭b3n

You could always write to google and ask for political asylum and convince them you are irish i suppose ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

Gmail Sounds Cooler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Goodshape wrote:

seriously though.. it's still GMail for me, thank fook.... "suchandsuch@googlemail.com" is a bit long winded. I'd say you're right about the UTV thing.

I'm on UTV, with a gmail address.........Lol and I'm a Brit !! (but under the thumb of an Irish wife :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Users that are with isps who pipe their traffic back to england e.g. ntl or utv will be affected by this google mail malarky as all they are doing is looking at the ip and see'ing its an english one and sending you off to the google mail content.

Advertisement