Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card question

Options
  • 19-10-2005 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of changing to a Tesco credit card, they have a good deal at the moment, no annual fee, 6 month %0 on balance tranfers etc but I can't check my account online with them like I could with MBNA so can does anyone know other companies doing a good deal on credit cards now??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Only advice I am offer you is that:
    1 the APR rates of Tesco's card will criple you later and
    2 MBNA have one of the best reps out there. My mother has been with them for years and she is one picky woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Snowball wrote:
    Only advice I am offer you is that:
    1 the APR rates of Tesco's card will criple you later and
    2 MBNA have one of the best reps out there. My mother has been with them for years and she is one picky woman

I disagree about MBNA worst thing i ever done getting credit cards with them:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

No need to change cards. Keep the one you have in credit, so no matter what card you have, you pay 0%.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Business/Economy/Finance.

I got a card from MBNA and have had no problems with it btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've had them all. MBNA were the worst easily for service. The applied my payments late for months charging me late fees each time and even lost a payment and denied had paid for months.

I had to do a bank trace to finally get them to own up to having it. Closing the account is a nightmare too.

PTSB Ice is the best account around at the moment. If you bank with them, they automatically add the account to your Internet banking and made an automatic transfer to it each month. Very low introductory rate and then easily the lowest rate (the only single figure rate on the market) afterwards. Service has been excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Tazz T wrote:
    I've had them all. MBNA were the worst easily for service.

It does sound like you've had a bad experience but i completely disagree. I have found MBNA service to be excellent whenever i've had to get in touch. I've lost my card twice and they sorted me out ASAP. I had a query about something on my statement once and they couldn't have been more helpful and phoned me back after it had been sorted to ensure i was satisfied.

I had a payment go 'missing' once but it turned out to be the fault of the bank where i paid it. MBNA sorted it out with the bank and i didn't have to do a thing.

Advertisement