Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rappers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

was listening to urban intelligence and nu-centz battling and although nu-centz has got skillz he was very vague. lunitic was deadly, straight to the point and on the button every time, savage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

AfroMan wrote:
    Package, you can say what you like and what you don't like. you are free. Rap music is becoming more popular in Ireland, so our rappers need first of all our support. Any way, give us others names and their website, we can juge for ourself if they are good or not.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AfroMan

Everyone is free to say what he thinks, but we should be objective.
    I have visited those links and I believe that some of those rappers are very talented and others still need to work hard. However, they all need support and structure and they need some investors and managers.

www.soundclick.com/urbanintelligence
    www.myspace.com/urbanintelligence
    www.soundclick.com/jambo
    www.soundclick.com/redzzer
    www.soundclick.com/mckeogh
    www.soundclick.com/gmcproductions
    www.myspace.com/thegudmen
    www.myspace.com/ptheemcee
    www.myspace.com/mcaycee
    www.myspace.com//collie
    www.soundclick.com/jamnation
    www.myspace.com/messiahjandtheexpert
    www.benrama.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I am glad Hip-Hop is getting more and more popular in Ireland, and I hope it will keep on getting more and more popular.

I listened to some Urban Intelligence and that stuff is hot. Gonna listen to some Nucentz.

• Advertisement

I've come across Urban (lack of) Intelligence, sorry but no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Collie Collins

Savman wrote:
    I've come across Urban (lack of) Intelligence

what, literally??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

Savman wrote:
    I've come across Urban (lack of) Intelligence, sorry but no thanks.

well everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i think urban intelligence are very good. some of lunitics rhymes are very good, think you should listen to a few other eejits before you start dissing them.

what, literally??

"come" and "cum" are not the same thing, that's probably just your wishful mind :D

Soupi wrote:
    well everyone's entitled to their own opinion but i think urban intelligence are very good. some of lunitics rhymes are very good, think you should listen to a few other eejits before you start dissing them.

Er, thanks Soupi :confused:

word to yo motha
    :D:D

• Advertisement

Savman wrote:
    "come" and "cum" are not the same thing, that's probably just your wishful mind :D

ah the youth of today and their slang.... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

I've heard some beats lately that are straight out of Ireland and absolutely savage.
    The production is getting there and so is the mcing.
    When the two meet in the proper way everybodies gonna notice.

Check out the links for some of my stuff. Its all old or unfinished but I've got new **** nearly ready!!

www.sidelineproject.com
    www.soundclick.com/sidelineproject
    www.soundclick.com/cmx
    www.soundclick.com/introkit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Here's your grade A beats & lyrics.
    No one is on the same level as P The Emcee
    http://www.myspace.com/ptheemcee

Check out Just Wait!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I saw Urban Intelligence before MJEX the other night, thought they were alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 okeeffe.brigid@

Look I come from Ballymun so I know how ****ed up it is there and from me own experience's people looking down on us all the time. So I say fair play to them. If ya look at where the likes of Tupac or Biggie came from. They came from just as ****ed up neighbours as Ballymun but even worse and look where they ended up. Yeh our accent is ****ed up but who's isn't. Look at Redzer's raps, his is ****en deadly and he's from a ****ed up area too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 okeeffe.brigid@

Look I come from Ballymun so I know how ****ed up it is there and from me own experience's people looking down on us all the time. So I say fair play to them. If ya look at where the likes of Tupac or Biggie came from. They came from just as ****ed up neighbours as Ballymun but even worse and look where they ended up. Yeh our accent is ****ed up but who's isn't. Look at Redzer's raps, his is ****en deadly and he's from a ****ed up area too...:o
    MikeTyson wrote: »
    a few ballymun rappers were on stage before the nas concert they were alrite but rap doesnt sound right with that accent

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Check my stuff out @ www.bebo.com/nugget-mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

wats up nug, did you not already start that thread here... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055323766

Yeah but i seen this thread and took advaNTAGE.

good idea!!!!!.....heres mine so!!!....http://www.myspace.com/cullobeats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

irash cant rap jusrt lave it at that

^^^wot he sed...

^^^who said wat?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

A lot of people talk here about irish accents but the real thing is you can understand the american accent and slang but nobody outside ireland wont understand you and what your expressing about in a song.

So irish rappers really have a small audience and wont make it on to the world or even european scene with strong dublin accent. Its a hard life.......

I think the only people that hav a problem with the accent are Irish people them selfs, I mean there are plenty of UK emcees that are famous around the world with thick london accents or somethin....generaly, for me anyway....if its good, il listen to it....I like this german group called "Seeed" they more reggae tho but I dont understand a word and its still bangin, so i still listen and they do good all over, not jus germany or euroupe.....or take groups like Masive Attack, successful worldwide and all hav thick Welch accents!!!

lets say jamicans all hav hard to understand, broken english and **** but still, everyday around the world you hav people listenin to reggae, dancehall ect...cos it sounds good and they dont give a ****....Irish people are the only ones that care about the accent...so lets get over that now and move on people....accents dont matter....and if anythin....from me own experience, people always tell me they like the accent, voice, tone ect and never had anyone from other parts of the world moan bout the accent, ONLY IRISH PEOPLE.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

MikeTyson wrote: »
    a few ballymun rappers were on stage before the nas concert they were alrite but rap doesnt sound right with that accent

It doesn't sound right to YOU.

I don't get the deal here ,Bono, Amy Winehouse can sing in american accents or any singer but they don't get any crap. A Chinese bluesman can be the best in the world ,he might have never even visited beale street .You can wear a 10 gallon hat down a street in NYC and no one would care ireland very different, the Irish are the most intolerant race I have ever come across. In Slovakia the people don't give out about rapping in slovak.

At least these guys have the balls to take it on the chin ,to get up on stage in front of people( which isn't easy ) and perform. Irish rappers are the new generation seanchai's.

I applaud them .

I come originally from NYC and I rap in an american accent does that make me a fake ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That's the Irish mentality for ya... We see one of our own trying to make something of themselves and it all becomes "well he'll think he's better than us, better cut him down now". Its patethic...

BumbleB wrote: »

I come originally from NYC and I rap in an american accent does that make me a fake ?.

WHAT??? you use ur own accent, how dare you!!! ur so fake....ur suppose to change who you are to suit other people...you'll never make it man...give up now!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/cullobeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

It just confuses me ,Phil Lynott sang about being a cowboy . Bono dressed as a cowboy and everybody thought bono ur cool , then he talked about fixing the world with a large screwdriver because it was broken and people said way to go Bono.

Meanwhile Johnno from Tallafornia who has listened to nwa ,tribe called quest ,public enemy Notorious B.I.G and many others all his life ,has aspirations to be a rap star. He's seen pretty all the things the gangsta' s talk about.

Goes on stage and ignorant people sneer at his accent ,and the way he dresses.

WTF double standards or what !!!!!

In the words of the immortal JImi Hendrix on if 6 were 9.

White collar conservative flashin' down the street
    Pointin' their plastic finger at me, ha !
    They're hopin' soon my kind will drop and die but uh
    I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high !
    Oww !

Wave on, wave on...

Note: disclaimer :all characters are fictious except for Bono , Phil (and Jimi).

• Advertisement

xbox makes an intersting point about irish people not being able to spell.

As for irish hiphop selling who gives a ****. Even if ya never make it, its better than just complaining about others who actually try.

Advertisement