Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coheed & Cambria

• 19-10-2005 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

IMO, one of the best, most unique rock bands around at the minute (certainly vocally). And I say "rock", because they can't possibly be labelled as anything more specific than that. So let's not get into that. Great band, with a simply amazing, incredible vocalist; Claudio Sanchez. This guy's range must be heard to be believed. So, yeah, I just got the new CD, "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV", and it's freaking amazing.
    Any other fans of the 'Heed here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya theyre fukin unbelievable what a singer like.. probably the best ive ever heard and his hair is like WHOA haha haven't heard the album.. just welcome home.. they seem like the kind of band tho that write exact same songs over and over again tho... are the songs on the album different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Yeah, pretty different, they don't usually go in too much for all that pinch harmonic stuff, but there are plenty of acoustic songs (for better or worse). I wouldn't say they write the same songs, but you'd always know it was coheed & cambria. They've got lots of violin, piano, organs and ll that on the albums.
    The vocals kick so much ass though; if you really want to hear what Claudio is capable of, listen to "A Favor House Atlantic".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I've been hearing the names mentioned alot lately, I think it's about time I actually checked them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Well, I acquired "Good Apollo....", and I've got to say I like it alot. Very catchy, and some quality music. It's a sort of progressive pop metal, or something along those lines. I'm definitely interested in checking out their older stuff now, and trying to figure out what the concept/story is supposed to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

If this singer is the same one i'm thinking of who in the video has a doubleneck Gibson SG and doesn't even play the second neck, and whines a lot, I think i'll stay away. That said, I liked the dynamics of the song, they know how to write good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

If this singer is the same one i'm thinking of who in the video has a doubleneck Gibson SG and doesn't even play the second neck, and whines a lot, I think i'll stay away. That said, I liked the dynamics of the song, they know how to write good stuff.

If you're in any doubt as to the identity of the band, there's one simple descriptive phrase that will identify the singer. "Stunt Hair"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

A friend sent me a song, and I have to say, the singer actually turned me off them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I've really been getting into this band over the past few months.
    I have 'In keeping secrets of silent earth' and 'Good Apollo: I'm burning star IV'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Coheed and Cambria are amazing, though I haven't got their new album. I have the two before that and their live album/dvd and they're just incredible.

Oh and by the way, he does use the 12-string neck on welcome home (not much though - just a few chords here and there)

Advertisement