Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Chelsea (will contain scores)

• 20-10-2005 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

This Sunday, Everton are at home to a ridiculously on form Chelsea.

What do you think will happen? Will Everton get their season on track with a fantastic result or will Chelsea tear them apart?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

chelsea one up already apparently :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

0-2 or 0-3 I predict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

fully expect chelsea to win this , if they get an early goal I can see Evertons' heads going down and chelsea could run riot, everrton haven't been able to do it against lesser teams not much chance of them doing it against chels.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Come on the Blues!

Beattie and VDM both palyed 70 minutes last night for the reserves.

Koldrup played the full 90 minutes.

I fully expect to see Beattie and Koldrup to be on from the start. Koldrup in place of Weir and Beattie in place of... well... have we been playing any strikers recently?

Expect to see VDM on the bench but wouldn't be surprised to see him start either.

Goodison is quite a tight pitch and Chelsea won't like that. It won't be a match for flare or creativity.

Expect 5 across the middle from Everton and 8 men behind the ball when Chelsea have it.

All in all I full expect Beattie to make amends for his sending off in the corresponding fixture last season.

Edited to say....

VDM will not be in the squad.

Beattie has a dead leg from the match last night and is touch and go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

they drew 1-1 with sunderland reserves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Feed the Drog and he will score. Chelsea 3, Everton 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Everton v Chelsea (will contain scores) <<about 5-0 to Chelsea I reckon :D

yes lemlin feed the drog(ba)
    first hat trick of the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Feed the Drog and he will score. Chelsea 3, Everton 0.

more like. Feed the Drog and he will HEEHAW. he's a donkey. and a useless one at that

he's certainly proven himself to be pretty useless allright over the past few weeks

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Only one winner here im afraid. Everton seemed to have forgotten that in order to win a football match you have to actually score a goal. They have scored an absolutely pathetic 1 goal in the league all season (8 games). That is simply not good enough and is without a doubt relegation material. Chelsea on the other hand have scored 23 goals and conceded only 3.

There is simply no chance of Everton winning this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

20- nil.

before half time! :D

Mike.

el rabitos wrote:
    more like. Feed the Drog and he will HEEHAW. he's a donkey. and a useless one at that

I find that funny coming from a Liverpool supporter. Didn't he setup all four goals against Liverpool? And no, this isn't part of a vendetta against Liverpool.

And did he not follow that up by scoring two last week and Chelsea's first mid week?

Like I've said before, Drogba isn't the prettiest player but he does exactly what is asked of him and plays a vital part of Chelsea's strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I do believe Drogba is injured for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

dublindude wrote:

More of Hernan Crespo to look forward to then. Can't wait. Hope he links up with crosses from SWP again. Fantastic cross/header Wednesday. It's been a long time coming, but we're finally here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

much as i hate to say it, this game might actually stir everton into doing something, it'll be close, as everton won't attack chelsea, as everton don't know how to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

much as i hate to say it, this game might actually stir everton into doing something, it'll be close, as everton won't attack chelsea, as everton don't know how to attack.

Dunno. I think Chelsea are too professional to lose to Everton! (or draw for that matter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

dublindude wrote:
    I thought it was only a knock to the knee, He might be fit for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

I find that funny coming from a Liverpool supporter. Didn't he setup all four goals against Liverpool? And no, this isn't part of a vendetta against Liverpool.

I appreciate you not having a vendetta against liverpool. god bless you :rolleyes:

Drogba is one of the biggest men in the premiership and when he gets tackled by a man half his size he goes down like a ton of bricks and crys till he gets a free - then pops back up like nothing happened when he gets what he wants...

now i know plenty of players do this in matches week in week out, but never have i seen someone do it so often in a match, especially someone of his size.

in conclusion Drogba is a donkey. rarely do i agree with the morons on the rte panel, but in this case dunphy hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

spread your bets on 1/2/3/4 - 0 to chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

José Mourinho has expressed optimism that Didier Drogba will be fit as Chelsea aim to make it a perfect ten at Everton on Sunday. Arjen Robben may also be available

Our in-form striker who has 3 goals to his name in the last two games was withdrawn at half-time in the win over Real Betis on Wednesday.

“If the game was today he couldn’t play against Everton,” Mourinho announced on Friday afternoon. “But he is better than yesterday and we hope tomorrow he is better than today. I believe he will be ready to play.”

Robben has been out of action since returning to Chelsea just before Holland’s most recent international with a tight hamstring.

“He is training well,” reported Mourinho on his winger. “Before the game against Betis I asked him if he was feeling ready. He wasn’t, so he was out. Tomorrow, before selection, I will ask him again.”

The Chelsea manager explained this is normal procedure. “I cannot make decisions with players’ bodies. I need always feedback from the player on what he feels. Do you still feel pain? Are you confident to play?

“A player can be out of the hands of the medical department and still have bad feelings and not enough confidence [in the injury] to play at the highest level. The question I will ask Robben is the same question I will ask Drogba and Cudicini, because Cudicini has a little problem in the toe.”

Mourinho revealed that regardless of the Italian keeper’s fitness, Petr Cech will return to the team for Everton. There were however words that will bring a smile to Cudicini’s face when his manager said he hoped to be able to offer the contract extension the keeper is wishing for.

Everton have an injury question mark themselves over striker James Beattie who has a leg problem. Reports are they expect him to be fit. Midfielder Mikel Arteta could return after his recent horrific head injury.

Everton’s dreadful start to the season that sees them prop up the table with just one goal scored makes them dangerous opponents according to Mourinho, even for a team with nine straight wins to its name.

“We have to look at them as the team they are. We cannot look at them as the position they are in.

“If we remember the team they were and the good team they will be again, normally we will go there and win. If we look at them as a team with one goal and lots of defeats, then we will have a big surprise.

“I don’t forget that last season they gave us two very good games and I think their squad is better than last season.

“Soon or later they will win matches and they will be out of the situation. Do I believe Everton will again be fourth this season? I will say of course not. If you ask will they be relegated, I will say of course not.”

I appreciate you not having a vendetta against liverpool. god bless you

Well just clearing it up after I was accused on another thread.

Drogba is one of the biggest men in the premiership and when he gets tackled by a man half his size he goes down like a ton of bricks and crys till he gets a free - then pops back up like nothing happened when he gets what he wants...

now i know plenty of players do this in matches week in week out, but never have i seen someone do it so often in a match, especially someone of his size.

in conclusion Drogba is a donkey. rarely do i agree with the morons on the rte panel, but in this case dunphy hit the nail on the head.

Yes, I agree he looks and moves like a donkey. That still doesn't stop the fact that he does a vital job for Chelsea. He is physical and is very strong in the air.

And, look at the stats, if you compare the strikers with the 'big' teams in the PL:

Reyes - 503 minutes played, 1 Goal, 4 Assists
    Bent - 700 minutes played, 7 Goals, 0 Assists
    Drogba - 546 minutes played, 5 Goals, 8 Assists
    Cisse - 333 minutes played, 2 Goals, 0 Assists
    Crouch - 399 minutes played, 0 Goals, 0 Assists
    Cole - 625 minutes played, 4 Goals, 1 Assist
    Rooney - 650 minutes played, 4 Goals, 4 Assists
    RVN - 700 minutes played, 8 Goals, 0 Assists
    Yakubu - 631 minutes played, 5 Goals, 1 Assist
    Defoe - 688 minutes played, 3 Goals, 3 Assists

I haven't included Henry because he has been injured but, nonetheless, it makes for impressive reading on Drogba's part. Despite being only a bit part player in 3 of Chelsea's games (vs Sunderland, Charlton and Villa) and only playing for one half against Arsenal, only RVN and Darren Bent have scored more and Reyes and Rooney have only managed to setup half the goals Drogba has.

I think those figures above show what a valuable donkey Drogba is. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's worth 24 million either but would Frank Lampard and the other Chelsea midfielders be scoring so much if they didn't have such a great player and winning the ball in the air and holding it up in front of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Drog might be a donkey...but a donkey with gr8 football skills.

And this 'donkey' is currently is top scoring Forward in the Fantasy footie stats.
    Not a Chelsea fan then? El rabbito?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Drogba

Hes a player that would get into most teams in the Premiership.

Hes got power, pace etc. He's like Emil Heskey with Self-confidence.

That is not saying a lot, but it does mean he will cause teams problems.

He's a poor mans Thierry Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Ok lets get our facts straight. Thierry Henry is the most influential player in the EPL so a "poor mans TH" must still be doing something right!

Drogba has talent, Ive said it since he has arrived, he may never be the RVN finisher, but the lad will cause serious problems, and I can garauntee that if he wasnt so hatable, people would be falling over themselves about him.

I think its a case of everyone wanting to knock Droga because he cost £24 million. He was a player that Mourinho really wanted - he had already tried to sign Drogba for Porto from Guingamp but Drogba opted for Marseille.

Nonetheless, he seems to be a player that fans of other teams like to criticise as a waste of money in an attempt to highlight Chelsea's over zealous spending. I'd imagine though that if Mounrinho had the chance to sign him for 24 million again today, he wouldn't hesitate.

IMO, we'll see the best of Drogba this season. He's settled now and he's playing very well, much to the annoyance of his haters.

Drogba

poverty stricken Chelsea lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

For anyone who seen him play for Marsaille the year before last they will know the talent that he possesses. I believe that like quiet a few foreign players who have come to the Premier league he has taken a seaon to settle.
    Now we are starting to see the real Didier Drogba.

I think if he stays fit he will score 20+ this season, hardly "donkey" figures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

el rabitos wrote:
    I appreciate you not having a vendetta against liverpool. god bless you :rolleyes:

He is strangely familiar to heskey when he played for liverpool,a huge player who goes down like a sack of spuds when touched.A big girls blouse if you will.

Vendettas can be good. :D

• Advertisement

Well all you experts were as far out as the lighhouse!

Well done Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Everton, now with 33% extra points. and 100% extra goals.

Come on you blues, champions league here we come (again).

Advertisement