Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bar water pressure

Options
  • 20-10-2005 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Just bought an apartment and "3-bar water pressure to all showers" is listed as a feature. some questions?

1. Is this average pressure or above the norm?

2. When doing the snag list is there any way to test that there is in fact 3-bar pressure coming out of the showers?

ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Not an expert but check the pump in the Hot press this may be able to tell you the pressure.

That is assuming they have put the water pump in the hot press.

or a plumber may have a gadget that attches to the shower that measures pressure.

Have you turned the shower on? Does it feel like a power shower ?

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭The Rooster

yoman wrote:
    1. Is this average pressure or above the norm?
    According to the Irish Times today (p.25 - property section), the 3-bar pump is the bees knees "ensures maximum power", and would cost you "around €795" new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yoman

That's great, no wonder they listed as a feature. Now is it just a matter of checking the type of pump installed and it will tell me its a 3 bar pump or is there some tool that I can stick under the shower and it will show how strong the pressure its coming down? I don't want to close and realise I only have 1-bar pressure coming in!!

Advertisement