Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What would you do ?

Options
  • 20-10-2005 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

This morning on my way to work I came off a roundabout in the left hand lane , there was 2 cars in the right hand lane (One up the arse of the other). While I drove on the person in the 2nd car (A Blue Audi) came right across on top of me, only that I spotted it the Audi would have hit me. I had to swerve into the hard shoulder. Of course I blew and flashed as the Audi took off into the sunset.Next thing the hazard lights appeared as if to offer an apology. I pulled up alongside the Audi at the nest roundabout and of it was a woman driving it.

I am ripping with the whole stupidity of this person, how could someone be so thick as to not 1/See me and 2/ Look before they move into the other lane ? I've thought about it afterwards "Would I have been better off staying in my lane and let the stupid b1tch run into me ?" Probably best I didn't as I'd be inconvenienced but it might have taught her a lesson.

If I thought anything would come of it I would report her , do you think it is worthwhile ? If so who should I contact ?

Last Sunday I was met on a country road by another female driver heading straight for me on my side of the road. Now some country roads are narrow but I assure you this one had enough space for 2 cars !!

Is it any wonder people are being killed on the roads ??

Still Mad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Is it any wonder people are being killed on the roads ??

Still Mad.

No, no its not. Unfortunately.

Take the moped jockey, this morning who to turn right and skip a small queue of traffic, drove on the wrong side of a road around a solid traffic island, then kept going as the lights changed, much to the surprise of the motorists ahead turning.

But these days I try not to get mad, to drive defensively, to protect me and mine, because that's what's important

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

But these days I try not to get mad

Easier than said sometimes. Probably no reply making a phone call to the Gardai . I am tempted , if I thought they'd do something to teach this muppet a lesson I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I am not accusing you of anything here, just trying to clarify, but was the traffic on the right lane moving slower than the left lane. Did the Audi try to undertake the car ahead of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

But these days I try not to get mad, to drive defensively, to protect me and mine, because that's what's important

Borzoi's got it right here. It seems that there is a lack of willingness by the guards to follow up traffic incidents if no accident/damage has taken place. Probably down to not enough guards or no real traffic corp, but it makes it very dangerous out there. There's usually not a week goes by without me having to take some form of action to save myself and my car from maniac drivers. Until things change, defensive is best way. I always belive that it will come back to haunt these people that take crazy risks, drive dangerously etc. Just make sure your not in their way when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Careless driving is an offense and if you are willing to make a statement then Gardai have the legal obligation to follow it up. Five minutes in your local station - make the statement and get them to fax it to the authority in which the incident occurred. Then that district will call on the offender.

i feel the same as the original poster and reporting it to the Gardai seems to be the only option to do instead to getting upset by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

MercMad,
    The Audi driver was right up the arse of the car in front . She was obviously in a hurry to get to work or somewhere decided she'd go around the car and just didn't look left , automatically assuming there was nothing there. I mean I had my lights on , I drive a big enough car , just fcukin stupid people. Like someone else has said you meet them everyday/week. I was mad this morning with it.

I could still report it but don't know if it's worth it probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Unless you are prepared to make a written and signed statement to the Gardai and follow it up with a court appearance as a witness - if they decide to prosecute - you are wasting your time.

Be thankful that you were as alert as you were and were able to save yourself a lot of grief.

Anticipation has never been more necessary on the roads to-day.

I suppose the idiot in question was probably making a mobile phone call at the time and that you nearly interrupted it !

Advertisement