Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Own up, who's been stealing?

• 20-10-2005 9:42am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen the notice on the printers saying that if anyone else steals the toner cartridge then it won't be replaced... someone's got a big ass printer at home! Some dude put it on the machine in Eng 321 this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

fecking hell.... i know the paper is always been nicked cos you engineers are too tight to buy a refill pad to write ur notes on to.

But the toner??? Yea someone's def got a big ass printer at home.

Or was it simply transferred from 321 to one of the project labs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Harkev

irlrobins wrote:

Or was it simply transferred from 321 to one of the project labs?

hmm.. no toner in the mechanical design office last week...
    works this week: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I cannot tell a lie.

Seb stole that cartridge!! It's a fetish thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

irlrobins wrote:
    fecking hell.... i know the paper is always been nicked cos you engineers are too tight to buy a refill pad to write ur notes on to.
    No its becusa we get free printing in our FYP lab but have to supply our own paper (thank you copyprint:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

boneless wrote:
    I cannot tell a lie.

Seb stole that cartridge!! It's a fetish thing...

He steals coke from centra too.

Havent seen the signs about the toner, but i did see a guy up on level 4 in the library get up from the PC where he had been looking at ebay for about an hour, open the printer and literally take about 50 pages, walk back to the PC, stick 'em in his bag and continue to browse ebay for another hour or so.

Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

He steals coke from centra too.
    Eh Coke murder Trade Unionists. I SPEEET on their cola.

If you meant Dr. Pepper then that is entirely accurate... MOOOAHAHAHAHAHAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

SebtheBum wrote:

Well in Ireland Dr. Pepper is bottled by coca-cola...so you're still lining coke's pockets, but I'm a big fan of Dr. Pepper too so I don't really care:cool:

SebtheBum wrote:

well i was too busy getting jam all over my bag to realise what the hell it was you had stolen exactly!

I move like lightning...
    I walk in shadow...
    I steal cola...

A Modern Homeless Hero

SEBTHEBUM

In Cinemas Now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i nearly got done when 'inspecting the photocopier for paper jams' hee hee!

• Advertisement

well i was too busy getting jam all over my bag to realise what the hell it was you had stolen exactly!

The mind boggles...

Red Alert wrote:
    i nearly got done when 'inspecting the photocopier for paper jams' hee hee!

haha

I was at the SU last week getting photocopies for my Lord of the Rings/Gormenghast seminar. I asked the lady for Dr. Catlidge's 3rd year seminar stuff and was having a look through to see what was what. So she storms over, snatches them out of my hand and bellows "Not in a million years are you to take those out of the folder!!"

Scary lady!

Scary lady!
    Takes one to know one!:p

I've given up stealing. The risks outweigh the benefits now that I'm relatively solvent financially.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Takes one to know one!:p

I've given up stealing. The risks outweigh the benefits now that I'm relatively solvent financially.

Have you been rolling kids for their lunch money again?? That's my racket, kid... this is war!!

BTW, that scary lady in the SU photocopy place is cool... saw her tear a strip off a di#k head lecturer once... anybody who did history in second year last year has a 50/50 chance of guessing which one (from the European core course).

Since I'm on a superhero trip, I'm gonna just call him...

THE JESUIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Harkev

Uh, oh, it happened again!

This time they haven't replaced the toner in the eng computer room though, they just left a sign saying the printer would no longer be available...

Funnily enough on Friday afternoon there was no toner in the mechanical design lab ( = no free printing) but this morning there was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

This was one of the reasons CSI got rid of their free printing. They used to offer free printing as long as the undergrads supplied their own paper. Which was pretty damn cheap, u could get 500 sheets for €3.50. But some undergrads kept stealing paper from the staff photocopiers etc.

So now all the undergrads have to pay for printing. I say it won't be long till Eng goes the same way, espec with this sorta carry on.

I'm sure if someone in the project lab says to the technican that they need toner it will be supplied for them. Stealing it from another lab is jsut going to hurt others in the longterm.

Personally i think that's Synstar's problem to solve. They're stupid not to put a chain around the machine with a lock on it. I wonder who stole it tho', printer toner lasts ages even with near-continuous use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TimG

Hmmm, it wasn't put in the design office printer, that's a completely different make of printer.

nor in the elec project lab, that's a HP8000, much older. and anyway the elec technicians replace it all the time.

i heard a theory today that the toner wasn't taken at all, it's actually that Computer (look how good we are) services are fed up with people stealing the paper. certainly would agree with on the ground experience. but why'd they claim it's the toner?

• Advertisement
Advertisement