Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman Returns

Options
  • 20-10-2005 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if you can get a magazine called Game Informer in ireland? theres a big article on the new superman returns game, which looks really cool, even though its early stages of development.

Havent really seen it around shops, but I havent bought game mags in ages.

Some pics of the game are here:
    http://www.bluetights.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Eason sell it but they dont have the new issue yet. Ye it looks cool but im not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Gamestop have it, not sure what issue but I saw it in there when I picked up FEAR earlier on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

thanks for the replies, will have a look in town tomorrow for it, least I know its available in ireland.

the cover has superman on it, so maybe its not out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I hope this is as good as the N64 game! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

never played that one, have the ps2 one, which is a bit, meh.

I read the article in that mag and the things there saying sound really cool, wether the game itself can live up to it is another thing.

Flying between 300kph and 1200kph, a huge 100km+ city to free roam around.

if they pull it off, fair play to em.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Spike wrote:
    Gamestop have it,

They'd want to. GameStop own Game Informer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

monument wrote:
    They'd want to. GameStop own Game Informer.

Couldn't that lead to biased reviews for games that they want to sell well? For example, what's to stop Gamestop buying in tens of thousands of a certain game and then giving it a top mark in the mag to ensure they sell all the copies they have.

Or even organising to get the game at a reduced price from the suppliers if they give a good review.

Perhaps a bit far-fetched but stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Triton wrote:
    Couldn't that lead to biased reviews for games that they want to sell well? For example, what's to stop Gamestop buying in tens of thousands of a certain game and then giving it a top mark in the mag to ensure they sell all the copies they have.

Or even organising to get the game at a reduced price from the suppliers if they give a good review.

Perhaps a bit far-fetched but stranger things have happened.

I used to work in GameStop and so Game Informers were always knocking around the canteen to read over lunch. It's actually quite a decent mag (for an all-format, non-EDGE/GamesTM mag). They tend to get a lot of exclusives and exposés on big games, so for news and previews they're pretty good. I don't put much faith in reviews from any magazine, but I did see some lower-than-you'd-expect scores in GI.

In short: it's not as bad as you'd think, and probably closer to GamesTM then Gamesmaster in terms of content.

Advertisement