Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Esat BB

• 20-10-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know when you are changing over to Esat BB + Line Rental, From Eircom, Do you need to fill in any forms? I have rang with my eircom A/c No and they havent said anything about filling in any forms, or signing any agreement. They just told me I Should be online in 10 working days!
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sorry mate, but Does Esat still exist? I am only back in the country after two years but I could sware that they have gone off the BB stage? maybe not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Yes they Exist but they're called BT now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

changed to them a few months back. Did the samw, just rang with my ericom a\c number. Think they do send out a letter for you to sign and return and thats it. took about 10 working days altogether. but be warned: they accounts and billing can be utterly useless and infuriating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

If you already have Eircom Broadband (or any other), you need to fill in a DSL Transfer Authorisation Form (DTAF) as well as an application for the BT service. Ask BT to post these to you.

I don't think there is an online version of the DTAF so I'd be inclined to do everything on paper (rather than apply online and post a paper DTAF), and post both forms back together to minimise confusion.

I must be one of the lucky customers as I had a seamless transfer and both my bills to date have been on time (as have the debits to my credit card).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

So I dont need to fill in the DTAF if I havent had broadband on my phone line before? Great news! Hope the transfer goes as well as sarsfields!!! Oh yeah one last question, If Im in a rented house do I need to set up a Direct Debit or something like that? Do they need a deposit from me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Hey again Salmon

I'm living in rented accommodation and they insisted on a €125 deposit. It took them about 3 weeks to get around to asking me though. As indicated by Dub45 in previous posts, they do not supply a receipt for the payment and they also don't give any indication as to when the deposit is refundable.

Not great practice if you ask me.

Mike

Oh well I suppose we have to put up, or shut up. Sometimes this country would drive you mad. Why are we living in the dark ages when it comes to bb. Does the term customer satisfaction mean anything to these people??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Salmon wrote:
    Oh well I suppose we have to put up, or shut up. Sometimes this country would drive you mad. Why are we living in the dark ages when it comes to bb. Does the term customer satisfaction mean anything to these people??

If everyone who was (eventually) asked for a deposit refused to sign up until the 'deposit issue' was properly clarified by EsatBT that might put pressure on them to behave properly.

Incidentally a friend of mine who is with BT and who I warned to keep an eye on his account was telling me today that he has just passed the 12 month mark with them and he has never been charged!!!!!!!!

How do these companies stay in business at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

So far so good with BT Ireland,i was having a nightmare with Irish Broadband and thank God i got rid of them although they havent been in touch with me to collect their stuff,anyway im fairly impressed with the speeds of BT much much faster than IBB so at the moment i would recommend BT :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jonny68 wrote:
    So far so good with BT Ireland,i was having a nightmare ................................ so at the moment i would recommend BT :)

Just wait...................:)

• Advertisement

Is the BT service any good for gaming? Does the upload speed 128k mean that there is a lag in the play?

Advertisement