Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin Weeds

Options
  • 20-10-2005 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Right, thats it.:mad:
    Im sick of weeding so I am going to put down some weed blocking material in my beds but I cant decide what I will use to cover it.
    I reckon I want something as earthy as possible, dont want an unnatural look.
    I guess I could go for bark, but that seems to end up all over the garden pretty damn quickly, the other obvious option is darker stones.
    An interesting idea that popped into my head was using rubber chips, the sort you see in playgrounds.
    They should last forever and not blow around as much as bark would, and it might look quite natural, depedning on the size of the rubber.

What does anyone else use and how do you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

I used bark before but it only lasted two years before rotting away and it didn't really stop the weeds for long, even though I had put it on thick.

Have you thought about the black plastic covering which will keep the light out. Then cut in and place your plants through it. Very effective but difficult for a current garden full of plants. If the plants are dense enough you won't notice the covering but of course it can be covered by pebbles or plastic bark etc...

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yeah thats what Im going for
    I have the weed block down, but I want to cover it in a "natural" way...
    I guess dark pebbles is the best bet

cutting out the weed block is a pain in the arse.:p

sorry I misread your email.

Well with weedblock down already why not use the woodbark!
    The only other hassle I had was them moving onto the grass and being a pain in the ass for the lawnmower:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

redman wrote:
    sorry I misread your email.

Well with weedblock down already why not use the woodbark!
    The only other hassle I had was them moving onto the grass and being a pain in the ass for the lawnmower:rolleyes:
    Dude you really gotta spend more time reading the original post!:D
    GreeBo wrote:
    I guess I could go for bark, but that seems to end up all over the garden pretty damn quickly

Doh!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement