Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl residential webpage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by ando
    a new webpage on the eircom site specifically for residential users..

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/bladerunner/showContentDropDownSubchannel.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0503224872.1000740410@@@@&BV_EngineID=cadcccimmjjibedcfjgchgcghk.0&cid=TheResAdsl&fromChannel=At+Home&selectedChannel=Products+and+services

Its still saying that there is a cap limit on 'some' i-scream products, but it still ain't saying on what products ???? and nothing about 3GB is mentioned either. I still have a few doubts that there is a 3GB limit ?

The details were published in a document published about a week ago and it was clearly that there were caps as follows. The document is "Telecommunications (Admentment)(No.10) Scheme 2001" and is effective from 2/10/01

Solo 3GB
    Multi 4GB
    Plus 6GB
    Enhanced = None

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Lo all. I went to eircoms residential ADSL webpage and I clicked on the link to show demonstrations between the speed gains of various net access methods. The link is below:

http://mmm.eircom.ie/mouse/demos_a.htm

If you go there and click on the link it will show you the different connection speeds and the speeds of the downloads. You just have to look at these yourself. Eircom are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the hard working Irish consumer. That to me is unfair. These connection speeds are greatly exaggerated!! They claim that over a 56k connection ( for example ) we can download at 56kbytes a sec, which would be 10-20 times faster than real download speeds. This shouldnt be allowed to go on.

And incase any of you are thinking that I have nothing better to do, Im only looking out for decent hardworking people. I dont want to see anyone being conned out of their money. You hear that eircom??

End of message :|

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I saw, in yesterdays Sunday Independant newspaper, a full page advertisement for "i-stream".

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how much would it cost to post a full page notice disputing eircoms claims and showing the service up for the rip-off it really is would cost?

Opposite the eircom advert would be perfect ;]

Probably cost way too much but, I also read in the paper, that an independant survey has found that the paper has over 1 million readers all over the country each week, something like 600,000 in dublin alone.

Thats the kind of exposure IoffL could do with?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

the web page is basically saying that they recommend the 'solo' i-stream internet package for residential use.

I rang Eircom directly today, to enquire for myself about the caps, and yes there is a ridiculous 3 GB cap on the 'solo' package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 JANER

Yep i rang again to and pretended to be shocked at limit etc....salesman you could tell is embarrased about it too....but still fvcking 3 gigs:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

did they happen to mention how many hundred pounds the capless service would be? cos thats the only one of interest to me at the moment! Cap? Cap me arse Eircom! (not literally please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by rymus
    did they happen to mention how many hundred pounds the capless service would be? cos thats the only one of interest to me at the moment! Cap? Cap me arse Eircom! (not literally please)

£179.57 ex VAT (I think). It's on www.adsl.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I seeee.. theres only one word for that... TRAVESTY! Wait no... theres two; ripoff! (maybe that should be hyphenated tho). Seems the only viable options for a while are Chorus (get a move on) or Roll your own DSL.

Better get out the Rizla's, cos I've got a lotta rollin' to do :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

HMMmmmm....... I'm just wondering what input the EU has in all this?? They passed a law that required EU contries to unbundle the local loop so whats there position on Broadband?? I mean every other EU country has broadband or FRIACO.
    I like the idea off a full page add in the independant not only would it show the farcical situation to the general public but would also serve to embarass our goverment as the independant is ciculated in Europe&US. I'm sure there would be a bit of debate in the Dail if Europeans regarded us as a backword little country that has choosen to ignore the greatist invention of the millenimum because a few greedy men wouldn't provide a simple service a reasonable price(AND NO MOTHER****IN CAP)
    I see Eircon has since removed the page mentioned above......Seems to happen everytime it's mentioned in this forum
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

a new webpage on the eircom site specifically for residential users..

http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/b...ts+and+services
    [/QUOTE]

Hmm.

The residential adsl page seems to be either moved or removed.

Too many incredulous inquiries ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by neverhappen
    The residential adsl page seems to be either moved or removed.

Too many incredulous inquiries ?

Nope - the page is still there. You need to get there from Eircom's Home Page - the URL supplied earlier on this thread linked to an expired login session. All info is still there - with the exception of info on the cap. Quickest way to get there is do a search for ADSL , and select the first result.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Matfinn
    These connection speeds are greatly exaggerated!! They claim that over a 56k connection ( for example ) we can download at 56kbytes a sec, which would be 10-20 times faster than real download speeds.
    This is just another example of Eircom's Pig-ignorance in respect to details. They have successfully trained giraffes to randomly bash a keyboard in such a fashion that it resembles the English Language quite closely, but is in fact 'Bull'.
    They also do the same for ISDN and ADSL. they fail to inform taht when lots of ppl are on ADSL speeds drop like a stone. Especially cos eircom won't bother properly equiping the Exchanges to handle such large quantities of data.
    Again pig-ignorance.
    This shouldnt be allowed to go on.
    True. But who's stepping in to stop them?
    If only we could get the prudent middle-aged women of Ireland to stop biacthing about artful Coke ads featuring good looking birds and get them onto Eircom's hide we'd see some pretty quick turnarounds of attitude from their side.

Advertisement