Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full Licence?!?

Options
  • 20-10-2005 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

ok lads i know im gonna be laughed at here but wot d hell....heres wot happening,

Work have just informed me that they can give me a referrall that will say i need a full licence for work purposes' and will cut my waiting time down to about 6/7 weeks there abouts, which is quite handy, there is only 1 small problem and here it is....

Where the hell do i go or wot do i do to book my full licence date?

thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ADO wrote:
    ok lads i know im gonna be laughed at here but wot d hell....heres wot happening,

Work have just informed me that they can give me a referrall that will say i need a full licence for work purposes' and will cut my waiting time down to about 6/7 weeks there abouts, which is quite handy, there is only 1 small problem and here it is....

Where the hell do i go or wot do i do to book my full licence date?

thanks lads.

I don't think you should be on the road to be honest.

www.drivingtest.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yep or just ring them and peser the heck out of them and they will give you a cancellation time just make sure your available when you ring- theres always peopel cancelling at short notice. I rang andthey kept saying no then gave me a test on the tuesday (i rang on friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yeah drivingtest.ie, book a test. It's not a full license test as such, should you pass they give you a certificate of competency to drive a specific type of vehicle (b in your case I'd imagine). Then you can go to a motor tax office (behind the fourcourts in dublin city, across the road from dunnes in clondalkin) and apply/pay for your license.

I'm pretty jealous in this regard, I had to wait 13 months for my test. As such I really dislike when people say "there is a reason you don't have a full license". Yeah it's cos I WAS WAITING SO BLOODY LONG. Have it now, but I'll always give "L" drivers the benefit of the doubt, I was a very capable L driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

When I did my tests (yes, i did it twice :() in the late 90's, I told the centre's both times that I needed the license quickly as I was in Ireland for the summer while living in the States - on both occasions, I got tested within three weeks of applying. The second time they informed me of the cancellation two days before the test, so you have to be well prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If you have a letter from your employer then applying online at drivingtest.ie is pretty pointless cos the driver testing section need to actually see the letter!

Go to a library/Garda station/motor tax office or print off the application form from drivingtest.ie and fill it in (making sure to clearly instruct them that a test at short notice is required), get a money order for the fee (or write a cheque if you have a chequebook) and send it all off to the address on the form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement