Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone played the full version yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

First day of the season and Drogheda beat Rovers 8-1. Wouldn't call it disappointing, ;). Too many goals on average in my opinion but the patch might fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

thats mad, i think they've made rovers the whipping boys of the leagues. i obviously started as rovers, 1st friendly we were beat 1-0 by cherry orchard i thought ok new gaffer new team blah blah it happens, the defeats at the hands of james gate and crumlin utd were pushing it really far. also the rovers team isn't up to date ie. lee feeney is there and lee roache isn't in the game etc. ps russell payne is playing for crumlin utd lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Typical SI. First day of release and there's a 90 meg patch to be downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sigh. Save game cannot be loaded :( Have to delete my Shelbourne game (that was going so well!) and start again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

hey mate,
    im hoping the game arives in the post in the morning when i finish work:)

Just a quick question, whats playing in the EL like, has it changed much from FM 2005.I cant wait to be Galway Utd again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've only been playing a bit but it hasn't changed all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Premier league is a lot harder...Man United get it tough

i wonder in the future games will they add the whole advertising feature like for example a shirt sponsor, stadium sponsor, ways to make extra money for the club.

Also what about a 3d image of the stadium too, something similar to that feature in hattrick.

I remember playing a game called premier manager on the amiga many years ago and they had these features and they were great,makes it more real.

Also whats the story with the tv deal, is it still the same with dublin city games been shown exclusively as before.

also have they fixed the problem with the setanta cup.After a season all the clubs in the competition are from the EL.

As you probably know yourself its more satisfying to bring your local EL club into europe and beyond than anything else.One last question one thing i found in fm 2005 was when i won the league with Galway, the game became very easy. I hope the players stats are alot better than before.

To be fair, there aren't as many researchers for Ireland as say, Italy. They rely on supporters who go to most of the games to volunteer to fill in the player data as they see fit etc. If you didn't offer to help out its hard to blame those who did (or didn't, as may be the case - leading to some of the slight errors as people unfamilair with our league/players will be left to guesstimate values).

The data is finalised around early September IIRC, so it will probably be slightly different in cases.

Just my €0.02

• Advertisement

i would offer my services but dont go to many EL games anymore :( due to my ****ty shiftwork, working nights is a killer:p

Used to go to quite a few shelbourne games when i first moved to dublin. Thers nothing better than EL football, give me that over premiership football anyday.
    Maybe i can offer my services when i moved to the states next year and provide data for the Revs, the mls in general.

Make Freddy Adu crap and cost 25 million! People auto buy him, and will be stung! :D

i saw him in the flesh in a game against the new england revolution at foxboro in may and he wasnt anything special, then again hes only 16 or 17 and still very small. I hear Man Utd want him now. Shelbourne or Cork city on a good day would give any MLS team a good game after the game i saw.

Advertisement