Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 4 in game videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Sweet, gonna have a look now.

Monsters leaping out from behind pipes.. thought they only used the d4 engine, not the gameplay :p

Whats the story on multiplayer? This is the first ive heard or read of q4 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

two :D irish seeds, i see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Me and me ruggiebear :) You getting okay speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yep. whored along...60kish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

tis flying along alright, 55K here for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

RotalicaV wrote:
    Monsters leaping out from behind pipes.. thought they only used the d4 engine

d4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

madrab wrote:
    d4?

I assume a typo. should've been d3 = doom 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Is Quake 4 out tomorrow out of curiosity? Well not curiosity, I just want to buy it. Half way through FEAR at the moment and need something to distract me. Some how.

Anyway, eurogamer are saying it's out on the 21st. Anyone seen any advertising or the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

It's out tomorrow(Friday 21st).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Is doom3 single + unreal tourney multiplayer = q4 ?? cause if it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

More like doom3 single player and quake3 multiplayer :)

The game is out on the 21st (today), there has been a surprising lack of hype alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think the single player is actually quite good so far; quite like Doom 3 alright but with nice squad action (great motion capturing) bigger levels and fast and furious action. My initial impression with the multiplayer was one of disappointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ive been surprised at the lack of hype myself with this one. they could just be trying to sell it on the name alone. Ill definitely buy it myself, loved all the quake games, even single player Q1 i played to death

Ill be buying it in hope that the multiplayer stays true to the quake series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Illkillya wrote:
    More like doom3 single player and quake3 multiplayer :)QUOTE]

ug, doom3 is crap and q3 multi is too old, sometimes I play q3 at lans, but not really a big fan
    =>not buying q4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah but, only quake players care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Looks good. Anyone know what the machine specs were for those videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61368

"There's no doubt about it: Raven tries its best to throw in the right ingredients, but any vaguely experienced FPS player can tell it's suspiciously under-cooked. Numb yourself to the sense of familiarity, blur your eyes and convince yourself you haven't seen it all before and better and you could quite easily convince yourself that this was the best shooter you'd played since Half-Life 2. But this, of course, would be a dirty, filthy lie. It's a world away from that."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

very frank review there... wasn't planning on getting it anyway.

right now everything feels dull compared to half life 2. maybe because hl2 isn't trying to be halo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Got Quake 4 on Tuesday, And I have to say I like the new game the developers have put all the right stuff there. Good over all game

I like this more than HL2 though, screw you Eurogamer. Very silly comments regarding the multiplayer, since when has ANYONE played DM with more that 16 players? Especially competitive clan games? I'm sorry but if every game has to be a ww2 sim with 64 peole smiping pixels from a 100 yards away then I'll just stop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Giblet wrote:
    I like this more than HL2 though, screw you Eurogamer. Very silly comments regarding the multiplayer, since when has ANYONE played DM with more that 16 players? Especially competitive clan games? I'm sorry but if every game has to be a ww2 sim with 64 peole smiping pixels from a 100 yards away then I'll just stop.

Far worse if every game has to suit the sad quake old timers :) I'm an old quake head myself but sadly this will probably be the first time I don't buy a quake game. Frankly Id/Carmack don't give a crap anymore and Raven are second rate. Doom 3 was the end for me. I want more from my FPS.
    And play enemy territory for crying out loud Giblet. You might actually discover a WW2 game that is fun without being full of snipers.

I played ET for a while, but got bored :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've been playing away at it tonight and I have to say, it's pretty poor. Maybe it's just that it's being put up against the other games of today. The atmosphere and AI is nothing compared to FEAR, the characters just don't seem to fit right with the scenarios (I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right) and the gameplay is just quake 1 and 2, with very little new material. Maybe if it was released before HL2 it might have impressed, but considering what it's up against, it's a poor second, or maybe third.

I stopped playing a little while ago for a breather, and I honestly don't know if I even want to go back to it. (I have the same problem with FEAR, but in that case, I don't want to go back. It's too scary, so I keep it downstairs in the freezer where it can't do any harm!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Played it today, it looks like Doom3 with more light, and graphics weren't that impressive tbh, so erm... "blurry"?

And in MP department UT is MUCH better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i got it on firday aswell, its a fun game :) much better then doom3 cuz ur not in pitch black most of the time, but it is basicly just a classic fps shooter and doesnt offer anything really new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

nice one, 70kb/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah its a good blast, nothing new or inventive really, but good fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

I have to say that the Quake 4 multiplayer is nearly the same as Quake 3 which is a dissapointment play is alot lan over the weekend :(

Advertisement