Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 4 in game videos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

games4.iol.ie for an Irish server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Looks like a big ol' yawn-fest... but then, anything that resembles Doom3 so closely is bound to give that impression. :/ (Oh it was a horror-game alright, but not in the way they intended.)

tbh I want Deus-Ex on the HL2 engine mixed with a wee bit of Serious Sam for added carnage... not re-hashing the same tired old shíte with a different story-line.

Think I'll wait until this one hits the bargain bins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I have to say, after a few hours playing tonight, it just went from bog-standard to badass, after reaching the nexus hub level. The game just ramped up the tension and atmosphere by 100, and then the strogg medical facility level!! Holy crap ive never seen something that f*cked up in a game before..it made the hell section of doom 3 look tame! Ive never played a game before where
    i had to watch in first person my own legs being sawn off!
    . So for that, my hat goes off to Raven, Id, and Quake 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Deadwing wrote:
    I have to say, after a few hours playing tonight, it just went from bog-standard to badass, after reaching the nexus hub level. The game just ramped up the tension and atmosphere by 100, and then the strogg medical facility level!! Holy crap ive never seen something that f*cked up in a game before..it made the hell section of doom 3 look tame! Ive never played a game before where
    i had to watch in first person my own legs being sawn off!
    . So for that, my hat goes off to Raven, Id, and Quake 4.
    it does make full use of its 18 (which is in a massive circle on the front) rating alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

lol, that sounds class, have to c that !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tezcat

Disappointed :(
    The straight forward fps style as in quake Doom and Serious Sam is getting more than a little stale for me.

Run, shoot baddy, run shoot bady, bigger baddy = shoot more, ending = massive baddy requiring 50 squigilian bullets to kill...

Need character interaction, sublime set pieces, and non linear landscapes, the likes of farcry HL2 and COD, they test your thought process as well as your twitch reflex gaming.

Think Ill give q4 a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I would've thought most hardcore quakers would've been more annoyed if it was too similar to Q3.

D3 bored me but I'm looking forward to getting a copy of Q4 if it's Q3 with a little extra eye candy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Tazz T wrote:
    D3 bored me but I'm looking forward to getting a copy of Q4 if it's Q3 with a little extra eye candy.

Prepare to be bored again...the SP is just Doom 3 with more light and a bit faster paced. MP I haven't played yet..the game's in a corner somewhere and I'm not too bothered to find it. I'll stick with FEAR MP and good 'ol Call Of Duty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Must say I like it. It's a good game, good pacing, atmosphere etc. Nothing groundbreaking but good fun

Advertisement