Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming and general use

Options
  • 20-10-2005 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭

Okay i'm totally knew to the world of wireless gaming and want to know which is better bluetooth optical wireless etc etc.
    i'm sick of tripping over 900 cables in my room so want to switch to wireless for gaming can anyone recommend and good wireless keyboard and mouse duo's???

p.s. is bluetooth faster/better than optical for gaming

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i would never reccomend wireless anything for gaming

batteries always fail at a critical moment.

a cheaper investment would be a CMS (cable management system) cable snakes or even duct tape.

im wired and im staying wired!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

thats the way i always was but now i've decided to step up and try some (relatively) new technology! i was looking at the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3100 which apparently has brilliant battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I have the Logitech MX1000 mouse. It's absolutely brilliant. Battery life doesn't cause sudden drop outs. It's got an indicator that tells you if batteries getting low and still lasts for a good half hour until eventually the extra buttons stop working. I generally charge every week or so.

The actual acuracy is much better and I feel it translates what I want in much higher resolution than my old intellimouse optical. More comfortable too, especially with a sort of ledge to rest my thumb on.

The softwares a bit bloated and it stops my pc from going into standby but it's still the best mouse I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For gaming its meant to be the Saitek products
    The razor mouse etc

But i always find Logitech the most reliable in any peripheral
    PcZone rate the mx510 as the best all purpose mouse, including gaming, which is what i have, though the newer one comes out soon, its still excellent
    Also get a decent mousemat, like one of those hard plastic ones

Keyboard shouldnt make a difference really

i wholeheartidly recommend the razor diamonback range 1600dpi 45 euro or so price. its got a low guiage wire so the wire doesnt affect the movement.

cont stand logitech products, bulky and hurt my hand after long gaming sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Cant use logitech here cos im a lefty and logitech think we dont exist. I use the microsoft wireless mouse which is pretty handy and comfortable to use. Only problem is that the side to side mouse wheel and smooth (non clicking verticle motion) makes it next to useless for gaming. If you only use the two buttons though you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

jaggeh wrote:
    i wholeheartidly recommend the razor diamonback range 1600dpi 45 euro or so price. its got a low guiage wire so the wire doesnt affect the movement.

Ditto. The Logitech MX1000 isn't a bad mouse, it just feels big, bulky and sluggish (probably because of the size/weight), compared to a mouse like the Diamondback.

oh yeah and diamondbacks are ambidexterous or whatever words mean you can use either hand :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I can't fault Microsoft's IntelMouse Explore 2.0. Ok, I can. Unlike Amp's mouse there's no indicator, but as I don't use rechargables it tends to last months rather then weeks (with about 4-5 hours use most days).

Advertisement