Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman

Options
  • 20-10-2005 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I could be going mad but I thought I heard a "sensational" add for Harvey Norman on Flor Griffen FM (sorry that should be 96FM). I think it mentioned something about a Cork store. Does anyone know about this? Where is it going to be? And when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

no idea where it's going to be, but I did see recruitment ads for it on jobs.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 daveyb

It opened today in the old Woodies building near the Kinsale Road roundabout.

Called out there earlier. Large selection of electrical + furniture. But their sales people are really annoying. As soon as you look at something they pounce on you with the sales talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I go past it daily. Just opened today I think. The signs on the iPod White building look incredibley tacky. I didn't think that anything could be tackier than Woodies green building with the lit up sign but this beats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

i hate the Harvey Norman song!! why o why did this have to come to Cork???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

I also paid them a visit today, just to have a peak around.

(18 month's interest free credit was a nice touch if your buying something which has retail value greater than €300 )
    daveyb wrote:
    But their sales people are really annoying. As soon as you look at something they pounce on you with the sales talk.

To be expected, new store and over staffed, staff have probrably been drilled in customer care!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

daveyb wrote:
    It opened today in the old Woodies building near the Kinsale Road roundabout.
    I was wondering about that today! Nearly crashed the bloody car trying to figure out what was in there as I passed it by. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I went in today for a look and wasn't too impressed.
    The range on offer isn't huge, and the prices aren't great.
    At least it's more choice.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Paid a visit last night - smallish range but some gorgeous screens. Bought a (very) small set of speakers after I got the manager to demo them and ended up getting around 15% off as well..The manager was certainly ethusiastic and the staff struck me as being a bit happier than you'd expect. Did I mention the gorgeus screens....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any good cd players there? I need something at the moment.

Advertisement