Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Sports for Teenagers in Dublin South

• 20-10-2005 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place for this but if its not just move it please.

A while back moved in to a new house. I am sharing with a Czech/Serbian guy and a Bulgarian woman and her 17yr old kid.
    Life is great :D (Not that this is even relevant)

Anyways, the kid is in Ireland not even 2 years and has problems making friends. I think that his 1st year in school (seeing as he could not speak the language) hindered his ability to make friends. He spends most of his time at home playing games online and does not even have 1 single friend.
    He likes playing soccer and I was hoping that someone could recommend a club in the Leopardstown area where he could join. Poor guy is getting very depressed and his mother does not know what to do.
    Looking for a place where he can have fun and make some friends. Any ideas??
    Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hey,

Yeah, i think joining a football club (any sort of club to be honest) will help the kid with his language problems.

This site here lists schoolboys clubs south of the Liffey. Im not too sure tbh, but are Ballyogan or Dundrum reasonably close to Leopardstown? Or perhaps Cabinteely would be better in the other direction? Anyways, there may be some nearby names that jump out at you in that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Ballyogan, Dundrum, Sandyford or Leopardstown. All within easy reach.
    thanks for the link, loads of info

lol, problem is that I cant get through to any of the numbers for Ballyogan Celtic which would be very close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

Capoeira is the ultimate sport of doom! What's more there are always Capoeira partys and such afterwards. It happens on Synge Street in Bryne hall every friday and Tuesday from 7 till 9, and it costs 30 euros for five sessions (which works out a 3euro an hour).

Advertisement