Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OLD SCHOOL!!! Bring back the good ol days

• 20-10-2005 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

I NEVER watch daytime telly anymore, mainly cause all the crap that does be on. :mad: Turned on your telly of a Saturday morning recently ???, all these crap cartoons, Justice League,Digimon, Pokemon19 , Power Rangers the never ending series,power puff girls and all these new age kids shows that just spawn all these crap toys and card games:eek: :mad: :confused:

I remember back in the good old days, early 90's when we had the cream of cartoons, that i would love to see again. If only the young kids of today could see them im sure theyd enjoy them too.:) :p
    Dont RTE or TG4 or whoever ever think to bring back series like....get read to go into nostalgia mode:rolleyes: ..Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, The ORIGINAL transformers(not this Armada crap), Dungeons and Dragons,MASK,Batman the Animated Series, He-Man, X-Men(what a series!!!!), The Tick and countless more.:eek: :o:D:D

Id watch these shows again if they were on, im nearly 21 :eek: ,but i love my old memories of these and would love todays youth to be able to have a look at the greatest cartoons ever.;)
    Not this same crap with the stupid same animation type:mad:

Get a grip RTE, idiots dont have a clue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Batman and X-Men are about the best there ever was imo. A little bit after my cartoon watching days.. but by god I watched them anyway :D

He-Man really hasn't stood up to the test of time, much like the old TMNT series. Both of those shows were almost exclusivly designed to "spawn all these crap toys and card games", as you put it. The toys were great though :)

I've actually been watching a bit of the new Turtles show when I notice it's on. Not bad at all to be honest. It's sort of like how you remember the old show being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Mask was the sh1t, I had the bed covers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

Maybe those cartoons were just as bad as todays but you were younger then and didnt care.

Some modern kids cartoons are very good: Fairly odd parents, sponge-bob and rugrats.

Back in the day my favourites were Turtles, Dungeons and Dragons and Earthworm Jim!

Advertisement