Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High prices

Options
  • 20-10-2005 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I've just got a quote for decorating a new apartment, and while the furniture prices are pretty good, I'm concerned about the prices quoted for flooring and window treatment. I want the hall & living room done in wood; the total area is about 30 square metres. The quotes were 3000 including VAT for semi-solid cherry and 4500 for solid cherry - that's 100 and 150 per square metre. From what I've read here, the materials are about 30 per square metre and fitting about 20. I'm getting a quote for oak, which should be a bit lower. The bedrooms are to be carpeted - the carpet is high quality stuff but 1300 for 25 square metres fitted seems a little high?

I want oak venetian blinds in the living room, which has about 15ft of floor-ceiling windows. The blinds are just over 1000, which seems about right. Lined curtains + violes (fancy net curtains) are 750 for each bedroom.

Are these prices very high? The furniture quotes were good, and I doubt I'll get those prices if I pick and choose. The total price also includes sourcing contractors and managing the whole project, which is obviously worth something.

Advertisement