Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zadie Smith - On Beauty

Options
  • 20-10-2005 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else read this?

Me, I enjoyed it and it certainly shortened a few bus trips for me. The characters were interesting, the story engaging and the parodying of the academic world was amusing but overall, I was left with a feeling of disappointment. It was badly written in places - things were over-explained, especially in conversations and so on. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 the dice man

Won't mind reading it but The Autograph Man was disappointing so think i'll wait a while before reading this.

White Teeth was excellent though so i'm sure i'll end up reading Oh Beauty at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Im just reading the Autograph man at the moment and im thouroughly enjoying it. I hear the other two are better though so ill have to give them a go at some point.

Advertisement