Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to Meteor - screwed my mobile

• 20-10-2005 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Last week I ported to meteor, and after a day are two noticed that half of my contacts were suddenly missing,

I am now at a stage where, My contacts are half on my Sim and half on my phone

Sometimes when i turn my phone on the contact memory is empty,

other times it only has the no's stored on the sim

other times it has the above no's and when i search for the rest it comes back blank but when i individually look through them they may suddenly appear the third or 4th time.

I tried copying all my no's from my phone to the Sim but get an error message, 8 messages copied 94 not copied.

The phone memory i have in use is phone and sim, when I select just phone or just sim I loose all my contacts

When I receive a message the sender does not come up in most cases, it appears to be randomly decided.

I am using a nokia 3200
    made on the 20-04-04
    rh-30

it is an 087 no which i ported to o2 last year before porting to meteor,

Thanks to all for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sounds like your phone's faulty...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

That has zero to do with meteor. You phone sounds to be faulty. No network has the ability to do that to your phone remotely. I suppose its possible you sim card is damaged but its very unlikely

My friend ported a week ago. Calls me up and says "Meteor are sh*t they deleted all my numbers"

I had to copy her sim card contacts from her old O2 sim to her new Meteor one. All is well again....another case of CSI Meteor solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

All is well again....another case of CSI Meteor solved.

LOL :D

Your problem sounds as if your phone is at fault. I recently ported to Meteor from Vodafone, changing phone and sim cards, with no problems. Twas complicated with 2 phones and 2 simcards, but all worked well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

CSI Meteor..... LOL good one though

"Meteor deleted my numbers"
    "Meteor screwed up my phone"
    To mention just a few!!

Crazy the mentality ppl still have towards meteor, instantly its the networks fault, no matter what they do or what they say people always want to put them down! personally i ported ages ago and so did allot of people i know not a bad word to say about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yea 2 of my friends ported from o2 to meteor no prob, and i bought a french sim card, put it in my phone and all my contacts were saved under phone. i constantly check my irish sim card no prob co i think its fault with ur phone :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

CSI Meteor solved.
    :)

It's a faulty sim or a faulty phone...faulty something anyway!!!meteor have nothing to do with it.Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

having worked in a shop that sells meteor phones for a few months and since ive been a meteor customer for a few years i can say with some authority that metoeor customer care is staffed by monkeys. dont get me started on the stories. oh the amount of times i've found myself saying "meteor strikes again". i have to go and have a lie down before i get stressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

Lol customer care stories i can relate to but network issues such as "porting to meteor screwed my phone" are a load of crap, ill give you that one

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i would never move to another network,

never delt with more helpfull people in my life....

i wub meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

i would never move to another network,

never delt with more helpfull people in my life....

i wub meteor

I bet ya that was me :v:

To Sandals, what type of phone do ya have? some phones, like sagem partition your address book, seperate it between sim and phone directory. Usually pretty simple to fix. Try looking up the manual and failing that, come into one of the stores with your old sim, new sim, old handset and new handset and someone will fix it for ya.
    Note: If it is a handset issue, you have 28 days from the purchase date to bring it back in and get it replaced. Anything over the 28 days and it'll need to be sent off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement