Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha Amp Volume Problem.....

Options
  • 20-10-2005 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I have beside me here a Yamaha RX-v620RDS amp.

It works fine except for the volume control is wierd. Basically you turn the volume knob and it doesnt respond. To be more accurare, the DB reading will flicker by about 1-2db up or down, many times a second, but unless your are very persistant with the knob, it will stay at that given volume.

Is it as simple as replacing the pot? Anybody know where I could get this repaired at a reasonable cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

is it a volume knob that turns forever like a jog dial or is a volume knob that turns about 270 degrees and stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

is it a volume knob that turns forever like a jog dial or is a volume knob that turns about 270 degrees and stops

good question. Its the jog dial that turns infinately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Ive a funny feeling that its not as simple as replacing a pot . had a similar problem before with a smilar type of volume knob and took it apart and load of springs and cogs popped out all over the counter. cost me a shed load to get replaced. so unless you get any better advice i wouldn't go taking it apart. can you use a remote to turn up the volume? as far as repairs for Yamaha equipment give Dan fay a call on Georges st and hell give you the name of a local repair centre.

you could try

Micro Electronic Services
    6 Herbert Place , off Baggot St

Advertisement