Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want BB without landline

• 20-10-2005 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was going to start by mentioning that I was looking at the IBB products, I think I'll skip that.

At the moment I have UTV, and apart from a few minor hiccups its not been bad. But Im out of contract now and want to investigate the possibility of ditching the landland and getting my BB anotherway and using VOip for calls.

So ruling out IBB, what are my options.....?

And I cant get NTL, there not on my road.

I live in Dublin, southside, no 3rock line of sight, but can see out over dublin bay.

Are my only choices IBB and Digiweb Wireless if I want to ditch the landline.

Thanks

Redmond

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Looks like your options are limited mate but avoid IBB like the plague,an appalling service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Clearwire covers most of Dublin SE. Web site is crap but it's basically a Ripwave that works. Sort of €40pm for 1Mbps and €50pm for 2Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

clearwire are launching on monday so prices probably will go down, you dont need a Line of sight to any masts either with them, unlike the other broadband providers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

metro is good, hav'nt got it in till monday but alot of good comments about them are on this board

Advertisement