Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart in Ballyboden D16

• 20-10-2005 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello All,
    Anyone managed to get Smart BB in Ballyboden Dublin 16 yet? I applied when Smart 1st advertised their "Free Rent for Life" earlier this year. Initially promised delivery July or Aug, now we are well into Oct & no sign yet of the big pipe!
    At this rate, the "Free Rent for Life" won't be for too long.

George

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Its on their build programme. Trust me when they do finally arrive in Ballyboden I'll be the first to jump ships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SVGeorge

Hello TimTim,
    I know it is on their build program, but does that mean anything? Are Smart actually rolling out anywhere at the moment?

I remember a Smart employee on here - Garfield - who seemed to give out sound info. Is he still available for comment?

George

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

SVGeorge wrote:
    Hello TimTim,
    I know it is on their build program, but does that mean anything? Are Smart actually rolling out anywhere at the moment?
    Yes they have many exchanges in Dublin done and many users up and running on their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 oilfoster

Ballyboden will not be live this side of Christmas, sorry.

Ciarán

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dowee

Any update on approximate time frames for the Tallaght exchange?

• Advertisement

Hello All,
    Just posting an update on Smart in Ballyboden D16 - There is no update & are now 2 mths past their original latest deadline of Aug 2005.

It would also seem that it is up to the individual to find out what is happening - Smart don't get in touch with signed up prospects to let them know if there is a delay or a new target date.

George

I'll rename the post until I hear different...!
    George

Hello All,
    Now Mar06, more than a year after signing up with Smart and still no word on BallyBoden.
    Let me see -
    1st Deadline was Jul05, Latest Aug 05.
    2nd Deadline was nearer Xmas05.
    3rd Deadline was Jan or Feb06.

Maybe Smart do need a bit of magic after all! Your man waving is arm thro' thin air is how I feel waiting on them...

George

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

ok people heres a bit of news for your, im on the crumlin exchange and on the smart site its says that crumlin exchange it on the network build program and it has been since 2004, i sgined up when there first ever add came out! Its now 2006 and we had a smart rep call round to the house and spend 2 hours telling us about their products, we asked some questions about what happens if the line get damaged and have a fault, whos is it up2 to fix and he aint know so he went off and rang us the next day saying that if anything happens to the lines its up2 eircom to fix which i thought anyway and then he turns round after spending 2 hours talking to us that our exchange will never be with smart, this was nearly 2months ago and the site is still saying crumlin exchange is still on their network build prog!

Dont get ur hopes up is all im saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

...and if this thread is not enough to depress you there is another on Smart Telecom Support Forums that will send you over the edge :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement