Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Upgrade to XP Pro X64

• 20-10-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Its about time my PC was rebuilt. Since I have this shiny athlon 64 CPU here, I was considering installing Windows XP Pro x64 on it. I had heard that Microsoft had a free exchange program where you can swap your 32 bit licence for a 64 bit one, but apparently they killed it over the summer :(

Is there any other way around it besides coughing up the money for ANOTHER XP licence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Cheapest way to get it I think is through either OEM channels (Komplett is 137 yoyos)

Or you can possibly go through University channels and get a licence that way if you are student.

After that you will have to shell out if you want a "LEGIT" copy of XP64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Gah, that stinks. Thanks anyways.

Think I'll just wait for windows vista, whenever the hell that comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

id go with the trial in a dual boot TBH. XP64 still needs a fair bit of messing about with drivers to get it to run nice in comparision to it's x85 counterparts.

Advertisement