Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Emo Song

Options
  • 21-10-2005 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

This song rules...And is totally spot-on...

http://emosong.ytmnd.com/

Woo, Stabby rip stab-stab!
    ''Girls keep breaking up with me, it's never any fun. They say they already have a 'cat', they don't need another one."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I happen to enjoy a good deal of emo music, and that BS stereotype is wearing thin. I don't know about you, but none of the emo fans I know are into any of that "stabby-rip-stab stab" nonsense you speak of. Not only is it immature, but making fun of people who harm themselves is downright wrong in any case, emo or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

One could argue that the problem with emo is the lack of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Or that every song follows a yelling-bad heartfelt singing-yelling pattern

Or that every song follows a yelling-bad heartfelt singing-yelling pattern

Go and listen to Jimmy Eat World's "Clarity", and then try to tell me that. Or at least please tell me exactly what bands you are basing that generalisation on.
    Doctor J wrote:
    One could argue that the problem with emo is the lack of humour.

Oh, could one? Well, I think I'm pretty accurate in interpreting your statement as "scousertommy's problem is his lack of humour". If I don't find this humorous, I suppose I shall only be proving your point, eh? Fair enough, let's have a bit of a larf about it: ;)

"Emo" people are wussy faggots! :p They cut their arms and then they bleed, because they are so upset that the girl they cared for dumped their homo **** asses!!11!1! Coz they are gay whiny pussies and it's freakin hilarious that they cut themselves up with blades because they are so unhappy. Ha! Wouldn't it be really hilarious, if they ended up hospital, or if those losers, like, died, or something! lolz. I bet their family would be all like: "You little emo-queer! Ha! Omfg you're such a homo, "waah, waaah, my girlfriend dumped me, waah, I think I'll go listen to some emo, cry in my pillow and then cut myself till I die because I hate myself so much because I am "emo" ". People who listen to and produce emo music are unhappy, distraught people, and I get a real kick out of it, and I think everyone else should too! :p

Wow, that really works! Heh, a bit of humour at the expense of others is just what the Doctor ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow, that really works! Heh, a bit of humour at the expense of others is just what the Doctor ordered!

Lets face it, Comedy is a dead art. Now tradgedy, that's funny! :D

Ancient1 wrote:

The only genuinely funny thing to be posted in this thread so far.

Oh, could one? Well, I think I'm pretty accurate in interpreting your statement as "scousertommy's problem is his lack of humour".

Ehhhh, don't flatter yourself, friend.

Doctor J wrote:
    Ehhhh, don't flatter yourself, friend.

You needn't worry, I won't. I can't see how assuming that you implied something negative about me would even constitute flattering myself, in any case. :confused:

I can't see how you came to the conclusion that my post referred to you in any way, shape or form. In fact, I'd be keen to hear how you arrived at that conclusion, so please, humour me.

This may come as a disappointment to you, but I am perfectly capable of posting on a topic referring only to the topic and not to any poster on that particular thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sorry, this is going absolutely nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement