Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

members.boards.ie

Options
  • 21-10-2005 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Was attempting to delete a file from my members filepage when I got this error.

It's not the error that concerns me, it's the fact that the users name and, most importantly, the password (the white portions of the url in the link) are both shown unencrypted in that link.

It mightn't seem like much to most people here, but just letting you know.

Note: I edited out the username and password from the picture. Obviously.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Yep thats happened to me loads of times well before the vb upgrade. Its no big deal. Just go back a page and retry. Usually works.

You could always change your password on a regular basis if you are worried about security - as any security concious person would do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Yep thats happened to me loads of times well before the vb upgrade. Its no big deal. Just go back a page and retry. Usually works.

You could always change your password on a regular basis if you are worried about security - as any security concious person would do :D
    Yeah, I retryed and it worked grand for me the second time. As for changing my password regularly, pfft! I'm a stubborn unimaginative young Turk, just look at my username! :p

Sorry, it's late here and I'm tired, heh. :-)

EDIT: And I was unaware that it to do with the upgrade (however slightly) either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement