Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share IBB Breeze

• 21-10-2005 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know this has been hit off before, but I have a bit of a mental block about this.

I have a IBB breeze connection coming directly into a 4 port D-Link Fast Ethernet Switch. I then have a PC connected into the same switch, and have assigned that PC the IP address and various info that was supplied by IBB.
    And it all works loverly.
    Now there is a second PC and a printer connected onto the switch, and both PC's can file share, and both can print happily to the printer. But, I want to be able to access the internet on the second machine now?
    How can I do this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

This might give you some help.

Alternatively, replace the switch with a router. That will work easier and you could also get a wireless router that will allow you to share connection wirelessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

You will need 2 net cards in the PC with the POE box connected. Disable the one on the network. Then set up internetconnection sharing. Then re enable the other net card and it should work. Im only going from memory here so I might be a little wrong but thats the general gist of what I had to do. I since got a proper router. You can get a wired router for 25 yoyo on www.marxcomputers.ie.

Advertisement