Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well.. did it open?

• 21-10-2005 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

I just cldnt bothered moving last night to see if the rumours were true/false re the scholars opening.... did anyone check?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Was in the stables last night but passed the scholars and it wasnt open (:rolleyes:i think - alchol induced i was)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Just a cruel joke so it seems! Ah well

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Was in stables too (HI NUKEM!) and tbh I didnt even check, though I doubt it was.

Wait till I find the people responsible for this hoax....

/me readies 12 gauge and aluminium baseball bat (I prefer the satisfying ping the aluminium bat gives when connecting with a goons head)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

heh..it's aluminum Peter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

yeah I saw the poster in the C1 corridor and it got my hopes up but then I did a bit of detective work and shrewdly realised that there was no ULSU stamp on it and also it's promises of giving out free shots to loads of customers wouldn't be the best business plan for a venue in such dire financial straits so the penny dropped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

sorry if this has already been posted but how long has the scholars been closed and why???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

shepthedog wrote:
    how long has the scholars been closed
    Too long!
    shepthedog wrote:
    why???
    Cos they ran outta money and are waiting for new owners to take over then tendor, boo! Sooner the better, can't take much more of the stables.
    In fairness a uni the size of UL with *2* pubs, neither of which are any good!?? Something wrong there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I was really looking forward to it.

What's the deal with the Chemist's, too? Surely UL should be required to have one on campus, anyway. The one near the Spar is a bit too far to walk if you're ill.

Plus, that's where I got my makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

440Hz wrote:
    Too long!

Cos they ran outta money and are waiting for new owners to take over then tendor, boo! Sooner the better, can't take much more of the stables.
    In fairness a uni the size of UL with *2* pubs, neither of which are any good!?? Something wrong there

Where I am for Study Abroad, theres 1 pub for 30,000 students!

What could be done to make the pubs better so? People make places, and all that?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Scholars was just ... uncomfortable. couldn't relax in there at all. always "let's go to the scholars for one and then....."
    they need to do it up and move the bloody bar.
    music used be really good in there but the beer was always cat (the guinness was brutal) and there was never as much craic as in the stables.
    personally it's too expensive to drink in either spot, so plenty of house drinking and then whatever happens happens

would like to see it open again though, much as i didn't like the scholars the sports bar is baaaaaadddd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Come Xmas daze and ragg wk etc the scholars is gonna be badly missed, surely the amount of money they are losing with it closed is crazy...

If they modernised it and made better use of the space it would be excellent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

where were ye all for the students' union AGM last week??? hello??? scholars' was main item on the agenda!!!

Advertisement