Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good download meter/manager

Options
  • 17-09-2001 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

What I am basically looking for is a little program to sit on my task bar and tell me what speed i am connecting at(truthfully).Because when I right click on the two little screens down there and click status all I get is the maxium speed I have set in my modem settings.Will get right do this????
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I use Du Meter you can download it at www.download.com
    There's loads of prog's out there but this the one i'm usin at the mo and it's pretty good:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Du Meter is the lamas ass [or whatever winamp sez], but its a great program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 beomont

Thanks alot lads
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I use Gozilla.

www.gozilla.com

t does a lot of things, inc giving you an accurate dload speed, and allows resume downloads. It has a leech function, is good for ftp's, and allow scheduling etc. Once you run setup it integrates itself into your machine actvating when you try to dload, via a task bar icon.

It has a couple of annoying ads, cause i'm a cheapie, and wont pay for the full version. but I can live with that.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭djmagra

www.downloadaccelerator.com is another great product IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Download Acelerator is an exellent freebie,
    wel worth a d/l.

Advertisement