Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access 1 specific IP address via broadband

• 21-10-2005 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I ordered eircom broadband homestarter to work from home. With some help, installed OpenVPN and (on Monday) could access the client site OK.

On Wednesday, I couldn't get access. A ping of the IP address resulted in 'reply timed out'. After repeatedly rebooting laptop and randomly switching router on/off, i got access.

On Thursday, same thing. No access. So i ordered a static IP address. Still no difference.

Note that other people can ping this address, including eircom tech support!
    And while I cannot access this address, i can browse other internet sites, etc.

I seem to be having the same problem as described here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170663&highlight=eircom+openvpn

However, the proxy server suggested here seems to be defunct.

Has anyone experienced anything like this more recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Gaz25

If your pinging IE: www.bbc.co.uk or IP 212.58.224.114, and it comes back request timed out, its usually the firewall that is causing this. What firewall you using? I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the firewall should fix it, otherwise you might need to reconfigure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kitm

I can ping 212.58.224.114 and www.bbc.co.uk fine - reply returned OK.
    When trying to diagnose the problem, i tried to ping with all firewalls turned off - still no joy.
    Someone at the target site is investigating with their local ISPs (they seem to have blocked traffic from my IP).

Advertisement