Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A wizard Of Eathsea

Options
  • 17-09-2001 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

This book came out ages ago and it had two sequels. They were called 'The Tombs of Atuan' and 'The Farthest Shore.' Has anyone any idea where I might find these? Does anyone know any good book sites?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Actually, there were three sequels, but I cant remember the name of the 4th book. Oh - hang on...I can...its "Tehanu".

I recently bought the set of 4 books as a single volume. It is pointed out in this book that none of these books has gone out of print since their first release, however, I would imagine that
    you can no longer buy them individually.

A quick check on Amazon.co.uk reveals that The Earthsea Quartet is available, priced 8.79 stg. Check by title or Author (Ursula Le Guin)

Also there (which I wasnt aware of) is "Tales of Earthsea" which is a collection of short stories I may have to invest in.

While technically childrens books, I found Le Guin's style of writing to be very enjoyable, and I reread the quartet only last week.

Hope this helps.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Wow, I never thought I'd get such a kick-áss response. I'm gonna buy those books. Thanks Lotz!

Welcome.

Given that the Earthsea Quartet is available in the english section my local bookshop here in Bern, Switzerland, I would imagine that your local Waterstones or whatever should also stock it, or can get it easily.

jc

Unfortnately I don't have a local book shop! I live in a group of estates in the suburbs of Limerick and town is the closest place to get books. I'll probably get them off the net.

You live in Sweeden, cool! How did you end up on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt
    Unfortnately I don't have a local book shop! I live in a group of estates in the suburbs of Limerick and town is the closest place to get books. I'll probably get them off the net.

Hi Seán - try Mahony's on O'Connell Street or go to www.amazon.com or www.amazon.co.uk - If either Mahony's or Amazon don't have the books they should be able to order them for you.

Er... he said Switzerland :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt

If O'Mahony's dont have them, then perhaps check HodgesFiggis and/or Waterstones online shops (.ie). Being Dublin-based, their postage costs should be lower than amazon.

Switzerland - but everyone makes that mistake :)

The reason I'm on these boards is because I'm Irish. Not pretend Irish as in "my great-grandmother once lived in Cashel for 2 years, so I am Irish", but real, genuine, born bred and raised in Ireland Irish.

I moved out here from Dublin in April of this year - lifestyle change on account of girlfriend :)

jc

Whoops! Sorry about the Sweden thing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

i got my copy of the quartet in Hoggis Figgis, Dawson St., Dublin for about 7.99

I'll cheak the price in town first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

has anyone seen where this legendary "Tales of Earthsea" book can be bought???

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SofaKing
    has anyone seen where this legendary "Tales of Earthsea" book can be bought???

You can get it off Amazon. given that you an get it on .co.uk a well as .com, I would imagine it was released in Ireland.

Ask your local b'shop to get it for you. Failing that, go order off Amazon.

jc

I finished it, it was great.

Advertisement