Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft Expansion - The Burning Crusade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

cross server battlegrounds!

if this happens then a lot of PvPers will come back to and play WoW hardcore again, I know I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Raise the level cap to 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

DRakE wrote:
    Raise the level cap to 150.

You've got to be kidding. 70 is just fine.

Flying mount! Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's nothing more than speculation atm. The only evidence for anything they say is the blood elves which would be an obvious choice for a new horde race.

• Advertisement

Interesting.. Not sure if it's legit or not. - http://www.wowguru.com/forums/showthread.php?p=55141

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

We'll find out this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

If you go down a little bit further they theorize that Blood Elves could be the only race added and that both Horde and Alliance could get to play them. Now that would be pretty amazing.

70 is plenty ffs...

Ivan wrote:
    If you go down a little bit further they theorize that Blood Elves could be the only race added and that both Horde and Alliance could get to play them. Now that would be pretty amazing.

70 is plenty ffs...

how would that work out I wonder? I mean, you have to be either horde or alliance. I doubt it's true.. I still think there will be a new alliance race. They need to appeal to both sides to buy the expansion. If something is only for the horde, then only horde players would buy it - Not many people will be willing to delete a lvl 60 character to change to horde.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't see them raising the level cap tbh as it would mean another 10 talent points. In a way it would be great but it would make some classes stupidly imba. They couldn't do it without completely re-designing the trees or giving us no tp's at all. As well as that they would have to add hundreds of new quests and content for the massive amount of xp you would need to get from 60-70.

On the other hand I don't think they can keep scaling the gear upwards either. It's already reaching stupid proportions and I really think rogues have enough agility so what they are going to do is a mystery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I don't see them raising the level cap tbh as it would mean another 10 talent points. In a way it would be great but it would make some classes stupidly imba. They couldn't do it without completely re-designing the trees or giving us no tp's at all. As well as that they would have to add hundreds of new quests and content for the massive amount of xp you would need to get from 60-70.

On the other hand I don't think they can keep scaling the gear upwards either. It's already reaching stupid proportions and I really think rogues have enough agility so what they are going to do is a mystery.

The talent point thing could be got around lots of ways. They could stop giving talent points altogether, or give people a 4th tree only available after level 60 for example. When the expansion comes out it will be stuffed with new zones and quests anyway, it's just as easy to make them for level 60-70 as it is to make them for level 60's. Raising the level cap means they can keep improving gear without making pvp impossible for freshly dinged level 60's. All the new gear they add could be resticted to higher levels. That way you can continue to advance your character without screwing over people who are new to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I hate elves.

Raise the level cap to awesome.

BloodBath wrote:

They are to add new zones to cater for level 60's to 70's. This would allow anyone to grind from 60 - 70. I think they will raise the levels and rightly so..

DRakE wrote:
    Raise the level cap to awesome.

I like your style of thinking. More posts from you please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

Check this one out :)

http://www.wowguru.com/forums/showthread.php?p=56264#post56264

The editor of the magazine has come along and said "oi, give me credit!" more or less AND posted the cover of the issue.... looks legit enough to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

what a piece of crap. That's GG for me. A purely PvE expansion? with maybe 1 battleground more to farm rep in?

Where are the cross-server BG's ?
    Where are the outdoor raid PvP objectives?
    Where is the meaning of WAR in world of warcraft?

This expansion announcement is probably the last straw for me when it comes to this game.

Some people may enjoy the endless repeated carrot on a stick. Getting uber items to get more uber items to get more uber items. I enjoyed PvEing a lot initially when I had the objective of ultimate dominance in PvP. But there are only so many carrots that i'm willing to eat.

Bring on Warhammer Online or Darkfall I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

They still have a year to work on it and the outlands sound pretty good.

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote:
    what a piece of crap. That's GG for me. A purely PvE expansion? with maybe 1 battleground more to farm rep in?

Where are the cross-server BG's ?
    Where are the outdoor raid PvP objectives?
    Where is the meaning of WAR in world of warcraft?

This expansion announcement is probably the last straw for me when it comes to this game.

Some people may enjoy the endless repeated carrot on a stick. Getting uber items to get more uber items to get more uber items. I enjoyed PvEing a lot initially when I had the objective of ultimate dominance in PvP. But there are only so many carrots that i'm willing to eat.

Bring on Warhammer Online or Darkfall I guess.

You do know that they have NOT announced everything yet, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

migrate from genjuros

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Memnoch wrote:
    Getting uber items to get more uber items to get more uber items.

Yeah, that's the problem I have with the game in general aswell. Lots of people in the guild seemed content with constantly farming MC etc just to get better items, so they can do other instances to get even better items, to.... get even better items. There was no reason to get items other than to get even better items. What's the point?

It's too late anyway. By the time this expansion is out (which will be a long time, I gather), it's not going to draw people back in that quit ages ago unless it offers some big changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

I know a lot of people that are getting enjoyment out of the game again through starting up an alt and going through the lower levels again. So when the expansion comes around, maybe I'll have some uber character and then I'll start an alt myself and have the same enjoyment. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i'll probably start myself up an new alt when it comes out. probably a blood elf something or other. has any real info been released about the new alliance race? cause they better not give us panda's....seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I know it's fashionable to hate Memnoch, but knock it off Drake, if you don't like him, stick him on your ignore list. (And afaik, he has quit, I believe he's said so before, I might be wrong)

Kiith - I haven't seen anything on the Alliance race yet. I'd love it if they added Pandaren though, heh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Pandaren would be cool,
    but i hear its going to be the the dullest race going,
    Dranei.

Raise the level cap to 500.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i've no idea whats going on above, so i'll just go back to the original topic...

i read that blizzard often use the Pandaren as a cover for the un-announced races. they did it for the night elves in warcraft3 i believe.

what i want to know, is why would the blood elves ally with the horde? i know they had major problems with the alliance, but i cant see them becoming all to friendly with their once most hated enemies, the orcs. (and some members of the race that nearly wiped out the elves, the undead) Illidan for sure wouldnt ally with the horde, since he wants to become one of the most powerful generals of the burning legion, doesnt he?

also, can anyone tell me what the drenei are like? cause i cant remember them from the frozen throne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Memnoch wrote:
    Then I heard about the expansion and possible PvP cross server BG's and it got me really excited at the prospect and I started playing more often again for a couple of weeks. Full info of the expansion killed the game for me for reasons I'll explain later

in fairness the thought of additions to a game that aren't due for x number of months would hardly make me go back to a game in present that i'm currently not enjoying for whatever reason. with regards to those additions atm cross server bg's are just rumours and should be treated as such so demands such as

"where are the cross-server battlegrounds?"

i just think well who said there would be such features. yes maybe they still will be announced or maybe not but as everyone is aware full information on the expansion has not been released

source: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/

Advertisement