Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so i peed myself when i saw this......

Options
  • 17-09-2001 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

i was babysitting, and the parents had rather a large collection of cds, so meself and me friend were snooping through them, and low and behold what do we find?...only a copy of the commitments....and low and behold....who do we find in the picture on the inside...with his long flowing locks.....?.....yep....GLEN HANSARD........oh boy did i piss myself....i couldnt stop laughing...he looked so funny.....sorry....just had to get that off my chest....anyone else agree with me?......prefer curls to locks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Ah, you're showing your youthfulness now , I am God...We all know that Hansard was Outspan the guitarist in The Commitments with a silly hairdo. Great film, but whatever happened to Andrew Strong.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

:D
    Ah but God you need to watch the film itself to get the full effect of his luxurious locks..... bouncing away as he plays his sax.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 myles

Had a few of those lucious locks myself..........

http://www.ablotooth.homestead.com/myleshair.html

....tell us if they suit me.

You are a brave soul to reveal that to the world Myles......! glen Hansard has nothing on you my friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by lamda
    Ah but God you need to watch the film itself to get the full effect of his luxurious locks..... bouncing away as he plays his sax.....
    buh? hansard didnt play the sax........

• Advertisement

Hmmmmm really? Coulda sworn it was the sax.- well i've been wrong before and i'm probably wrong again...... anyway its on Sky 1 on Friday night so i'll see then........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Jen.Jen

Originally posted by myles
    Had a few of those lucious locks myself..........

http://www.ablotooth.homestead.com/myleshair.html

....tell us if they suit me.

Ah ya look really cute.....!:p

Lamda, see my reply up above - Hansard = Outspan, Guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah i saw that cd cover...i knew he was in the film and it took me a while to work out which one he actually was!
    i have hair like his only dark brown, ha ha!
    im having so much fun today, im logging in (at long last) from college, yay
    only i have the evillist time table ever...tis nearly as bad as the engineering time table
    and people keeping correcting my typo's!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

oh that sets me back, you have to see the film as was aready stated it gives you great heckles to shout when frames / hansard are playing nothing better then someone bellowing out mustang sally during star star as was witnnessed in dcu about 3 years ago. shouting out 'and, and ****ing and' is always good to but you'll have to see the film to get that one.
    as for andrew strong rumour has it that he was only 17 when he stared in it can anyone confirm or deny

• Advertisement

Yeah. Confirm.

He was a big 17 year old lad with some voice. His da is Rob Strong - Dublin blues artist - quite good. Andrew grew big mutton chops, headed off to the States to further his career and was never heard of since, not by me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

There was a programme on about him a while ago, still gigging away in the states, i think and released an album a few months ago.

where it went or how it sold I can only guess, but i think his days of fumigating chip vans are over. (ref The Commitments)

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Annie

Haven't seen that film in ages! It's on tomorrow on sky one though so yay! Colm Mac Con Iomaire is in it for a couple of seconds too, auditioning for the band...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Lets not forget Sean Hughes from eejit records. Good man sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

eejit records 'We're small but we care' .........classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 i am god....no seriously

well.....i saw the commitments tonight......i love that film, and i love it even more now that i know who that beautiful man actually is.......god he was brilliant....the language coming out of his mouth was much to be desired.......ahwell....his hair makes up for everything....and we must remember that jim corr is also in the film!....yes....yes........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

"Elvis was a Cajin........Thats fuckin' blasphamy!!!" Classic film maaaaan, classic.

And Andrea Corr was in it too as the sister.

Advertisement