Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swearing James Blunt

Options
  • 21-10-2005 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Right - doing a wedding video at the moment and of all the songs the bride and groom have chosen "You're Beautiful" as they're first dance.

Problem is that James Blunt says "****ing high' in it and swearing on a wedding video is a big no-no.

Does anyone know if there's a radio edit version - I can't find it anywhere online.

(I am such a whore - no amount of money is worth having to listen to James Blunt over and over again.)

Anyway - any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Is it not on the single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I don't know. I'm hoping to God that I don't have to go out and buy it and give that talentless bastard money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

itunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

He replaces it with "flying". My cousin pointed that one out to me when I was slagging the proverbial hole off his music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It wasn't a wedding in Waterford was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Why the hell would a couple hoose that song as a wedding tune for their first dance is beyond me! Its about falling in love with a complete stranger! Not the person you're already with!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well at least it aint "every breathe you take"...still woeful though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Seanie M wrote:
    Why the hell would a couple hoose that song as a wedding tune for their first dance is beyond me! Its about falling in love with a complete stranger! Not the person you're already with!!!

I think "I predict a Riot" would be much much more suited :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

You know, during the 70's and early 80's, Annies Song by John Denver was chosen by many wedding couples... Little did they know that it was about Denver's seperation from his wife!!! True story!

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seanie M wrote:
    You know, during the 70's and early 80's, Annies Song by John Denver was chosen by many wedding couples... Little did they know that it was about Denver's seperation from his wife!!! True story!

Seanie.

Or the best one is Angels by Robbie Williams which is used by a lot of couples.
    Anybody know what it's actually about?

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Thats about the song writers dead wife right?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Angels I believe was written about the songwriters dead baby.

It also was written by a Dublin man (Ray Heffernan), who sold it to Robbie Williams for a few grand.

Seems strange that everytime this song is mentioned you would think Robbie Williams wrote this himself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

DerryRed wrote:
    Angels I believe was written about the songwriters dead baby.

It also was written by a Dublin man (Ray Heffernan), who sold it to Robbie Williams for a few grand.

Seems strange that everytime this song is mentioned you would think Robbie Williams wrote this himself
    I've always heard different views on who wrote this.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/robbie.s%20mum%20reveals%20angels%20secret is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Well I work with the sister of Ray Heffernan and she insists that her brother wrote this. Shortly after Robbie had left Take That and was over in Dublin he met Ray Heffernan, who played the song for Robbie. Robbie later bought it off him and the rest is history.

I heard Ray Heffernan on TV3 news about a year ago talking about this and he actually played his song. Granted the lyrics were slightly different, but you could easily tell that the song was the same.

If this is true, it makes it hard to listen to all the stuff Robbie Williams says about how he wrote this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

DerryRed wrote:
    Well I work with the sister of Ray Heffernan and she insists that her brother wrote this. Shortly after Robbie had left Take That and was over in Dublin he met Ray Heffernan, who played the song for Robbie. Robbie later bought it off him and the rest is history.

I heard Ray Heffernan on TV3 news about a year ago talking about this and he actually played his song. Granted the lyrics were slightly different, but you could easily tell that the song was the same.

If this is true, it makes it hard to listen to all the stuff Robbie Williams says about how he wrote this song.
    Wasnt there some allegations that Ray said Robbie wanted to slept with him too?
    And didnt he try to bring the song to court?

End of day... Robbie bought the rights and changed it. Every right to say its his to be honest... and he's the one cleaning up from it too!
    I wouldnt go around saying I wrote that if I knew or was Ray... I'd feel like such a prat I'd sold it!
    :D

Thank fook for that! I've never met anybody else that knew what the song was about apart from the person that told me the story. And yes, it is indeed about a cot death.

A good few years ago I met a guy (a friend of a friend) who knew the guy who wrote it. But I always thought he said he was frm Cork?

I suppose when you actually look at the lyrics it does make sense.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Well, I had to listen to "From this moment" over and over while my uncle was making one....oh my god, if i ever hear it again i will scream!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

put the buzzcocks "eveer fallen in love with someone (you should'nt have)

that should liven the whole thing up

failing that sing it over the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

I was at a wedding recently and the couple's song was "everyday I love you less and less", but it was in Spain and most of the people there couldn't speak English. Still bizarre though.

JimmyK wrote:
    I was at a wedding recently and the couple's song was "everyday I love you less and less", but it was in Spain and most of the people there couldn't speak English. Still bizarre though.

Were they playing it as a p1sstake?

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JimmyK

BaZmO* wrote:
    Were they playing it as a p1sstake?

B.

They said they just loved the song. Everyone just looked around bewildered.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

A couple recently used U2's "stuck in a moment" as their first song, which is about Mick Hutchence' missadventure/suicide. An interesting choice...:confused:

Advertisement