Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent plea for 2 elderly cats.

Options
  • 21-10-2005 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

I don't know if anyone on the board can help there have been 2 sister cats Tabby and ginger and white handed in to Clondalkin Animal hospital to be euthanased as their elderly owner has been taken into hospital. We have no space to offer them safety at the moment. They are loving domestic girls who don't deserve to end their lives under these circumstances.
    If any one can help the please contact NOW KITTEN ADOPTION ON 01-4580855.Permission given to post their number.
    The girls could be re homed or fostered separately if it helps save their life. Both girls have been spayed.
    Claire.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

A temp foster place have been found for these old girls at the 11th hour.
    However they still need a loving home. It's sad that cats (and other animals) are so throw away in this day and age.
    Claire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I hardly think they were "thrown away". What would have been cruel and irresponsible is if they were just dumped on the street. Since the owner is in hospital (you don`t say why so it could be quite serious, and the elderly owner may have no family) than putting them to sleep may be the best option as it was what the owner requested.

As I have refrained from posting personal details on this board regarding this situation FYI.They were handed into the vets by a family member and when asked why "they" could not look after their mothers cats while in hospital?...Well you will just to take my word that the reply was not a positive response.

These cats were obviously well loved and cared for by an elderly lady, they may have been all she had, they were certainly more loyal than the family member who said "What she doesn't know won't hurt her".

I don't care to discuss the why's and the wherefor's of this situation which is all too common, and yes each case is judged on it's merits/situation.
    All I care is that at this moment in time these cats are out safe. Unfortunately there will be many more who will not be due to lack of space.

Pictures of the girls

And Clara.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

if there was something I could do I would, but after having extreem trouble finding a place a cat myself and taking him in so that he does not have to be euthanased I am not in a position to help myself (I'm already pushing it with the landlord). And I also do not know of anyone that can help, sorry.
    If I find someone I'll get them to ring in asap

Thank you Snowball and well done for taking the guy in.Unfortunately spaces are a lottery when it comes to feline welfare. If you e-mail a picture and a description of the cats and it's needs to Jan I am sure she can add it to her data base.
    Unfortunately the older the cat the longer it takes to re-home in our experience. She is also good at listening and giving advice. She may not be able to take the cat in but she does offer advice and support.There is always a solution given a little time and if the public are willing to meet us half way, unfortunately it may not be the immediate solution that "some" expect.
    Janlemslie@hotmail.com and Kitten adoption web site is www.kittenadoption.ie.
    Good luck in finding a home for your cat.
    Claire for kitten adoption.

Advertisement