Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing photo

Options
  • 21-10-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I have just been emailed what is probably the most amazing photo of the earth I have ever seen.

Its attached to a word doc. I cant extract the image to post here.

If anyone knows how to do it let me know. I can either mail it to you or you can give me directions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Send it over to me: tullamoreastronomy@yahoo.co.uk and I'll work it out for you.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Open the document. Do an Alt-PrintScrn. Go into Photo Editor or Photoshop etc and do a Paste. Then crop the rest of the window so you have the image. Then save it. Bingo, you have your photo. :)

Chris,
    after doing some searching for a higher quality picture than the one you sent me on e-mail, I have found that it is in fact a FAKE!!!

Read it here to find about the image Macattack referred to, and the dissecting of the picture.

Sorry to disappoint you Chris! :(

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Thats so dissapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

That is a well known fake. It's nice looking, but it has been around a while now, as has the fact that it is not a real image.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Looked ok, didnt look spectacular. I thought the real one of Normandy was far more impressive!

The Troll wrote:
    Looked ok, didnt look spectacular. I thought the real one of Normandy was far more impressive!

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I doubt the creator ever wanted to fool people, they just wanted to make something that looked nice.
    like so:www.calacademy.org/planetarium/viz_lab.cfm

Advertisement