Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No green light torrents

• 21-10-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello

Im using eircom broadband with the supplied netopia modem and i cant get a green light when downloading (legal) torrents. Ive tried port forwarding, that worked up untill last week but now all I can get is a yellow light. Anyone else getting this problem?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

A guy in work has the same experience on BT, it doesn't affect his torrents though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

you might try a diffrent port to the default, see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

It has to be that you dont have your ports set up or its your firewall
    most likely your router ports. Click start > Run > Type cmd, Then on
    the black screen enter ipconfig and get the IP Address ie 192.168.1.33
    and forward the ports on your router for that IP. That has to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

go to the properties on your bittorent file and go to advanced and enable public DHT network , then check if you are getting remote connections , if you are getting remote connections ignore the colour of the light
    ps this link shows the best ports to forward to for eack torrent client
    http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

enable public DHT network

Thats a bad plan if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Does doing this actually affect the speed you get on torrents? Ive always got yellow lights but never really done anything about it, They still download fine.

skywalker wrote:
    Does doing this actually affect the speed you get on torrents? Ive always got yellow lights but never really done anything about it, They still download fine.

You only think that, you need your ports opened so
    you can connect fully to other peers. If you had a
    3 or 4 meg connection you would see a difference
    if the ports were not opened. Why not just open
    them? It takes like 5 mins only.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If anyone can help me setup my ports for Bitcomet - legal torrent downloading only- , I'd appreciate it, the Portforward link above does not cover the Netopia 3347NWG.
    I had a go and made an arse of it being honest.
    When I ran....ipconfig..the IP address I got was my local network IP - according to my router page, should I not be using the IP address in my Connection Info section of my router page?? which also contains completly different gateway and DNS address
    Totally confused

Advertisement