Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italia '90 highlights - enjoy

• 21-10-2005 3:06pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hope im allowed to do this, if not then could the mods please take it down

Here is a link to download Irelands wonderful adventure through Italia '90. Its a bit of nostalgia for everyone and will cheer you up since we have missed out on Germany.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W90CWR4V

Enjoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Downloading now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

time to blow up the old jacobs shamrock as I'm downloading it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Much appreciated mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Top notch stuff mate, nicely done!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Great stuff. You are a king!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yeah very cool. How times have changed...

I think anyone that can remember that can admit to welling up a little watching that.
    Italia 90 (the build up and tournament itself) was just amazing in Ireland... there's probably some on boards that cant remember or werent even born.
    Houghtons goal and victory in 94 captured that spirit again.... as did Robbies goal against Germany, but 90 was just something else.
    Pure magic.... shame we wont have it next year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Sorry if I sound thick here, but do I need to register with that website before I can download the file?

I dont see a download button there, just lots of jamster ads.. Looking forward to seeing it though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Cancel that, I switched to Internet Explorer and its working!

Good God.. THAT was my childhood. I was 9, and I spent all summer before that practicing penalties in case Packie and Gerry Peyton had a problem. I was only around the 4ft mark but by God I wouldnt have left anyone down. The hair is still standing up on the back of my neck.

Thanks for that clip.. Im over the moon to have it.

How did you manage to get it!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Link is down :( I really want this!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You can probably get it here too http://www.iol.ie/~shamalive/italia90.mpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Just had the whole family around the computer watching it. Incredible stuff. Brought a nostalgic/proud tear to everyones eye. My 16 year old sister obviously doesn't remember it which you don't always appreciate - not everyone got to experience Italia '90. I hope it's not a once in a lifetime experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

whiskeyman wrote:
    time to blow up the old jacobs shamrock as I'm downloading it....

seriously do you have the shakey shamrock???
    my uncle jumpped on and bust mine when quinner scored against the dutch, i cried for an hour (i was only 7 ok)

blu_sonic wrote:
    seriously do you have the shakey shamrock???
    my uncle jumpped on and bust mine when quinner scored against the dutch, i cried for an hour (i was only 7 ok)
    You betcha!!
    Still have my World Cup 90 (not complete..., but binder in good nick!), a ladybird Italia 90 book, an Italia 90 badge (sent away from Persil) and these cool little cars! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

the binder was thrown away , remember the WC greatest goals and WC heros (ronny whelan was rep. Irelands only entry, henry gregg was there for the north) i loved that binder, i think it got slung as punishment for being bold lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Got it now, downloading! Cheers, cant wait to see it!!

Just watched this again...
    Look at everyone jumping up and down in sheer delight - We've had it in each WCs we've been in.
    Was just thinking... what other time in your life have you ever jumped up and down in sheer excitement?
    The World Cup for us sure has been magic... it's almost depressing to think we wont be there, but lets hope Euro 08 will let us relive that crazy euphoria that is Irish involvement in a big soccer tourny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

ah great memories, i was only 9 but I remember so much from that world cup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Very good, memories flooding back. I remember everyone flooding onto the street in my estate when O'Leary scored that peno. What a tournament for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

fantastic link.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I remember the brilliant passing for those two goals. Brazil eat your heart out. Bring back the glory days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I remember the brilliant passing for those two goals. Brazil eat your heart out. Bring back the glory days.

Well we got further than Brazil that year so there was something to be said for having Packie Bonner as our playmaker.

I remember the brilliant passing for those two goals. Brazil eat your heart out.
    Are you taking the Mick? (eh... taking the Jack?).

It was route-one... hoof 'em up at it's finest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

downlading now go raibh maith agait ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

When you see it in the cold light of day, it was ****e football, but who cares, following a team is more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jesus, did Dave O'Leary make sure the ball was sitting correctly enough? He must be a perfectionist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Shivers down the spine stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Kingp35 = Legend. Thanks a million man. :)

I've been playing it repeatedly all day. My favourite part is actually the beginning with the live performance of 'Give it a Lash Jack'.

PS: Just how long did Ireland have that Irish Wolfhound mascot for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Not sure when 'Macul' was introduced. But he/she was associated with the team sponsors Opel. When this sponsorship ended a few years ago our furry friend was out on his big floppy ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Can't download this right now as I'm in work but its top priority as soon as I get home, ah them were the days, them were the days.

Saw The Van again recently and it captures it brilliantly - Colm Meaney complete with 'F**K Schillachi' T-Shirt and everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Can anybody remember the name of the video that used to be around covering the Irish world cup qualifying group for Italia 90 and the matches in the world cup themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

Here's the original link for those who are at work/ firewall blocks that site.

This has done 100Gigs in two weeks.

www.iol.ie/~shamalive/italia90.mpg

Advertisement