Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fastcom 2meg wireless, any good for gaming?

• 21-10-2005 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

sorry if this has been asked before, i don't browse the broadband forum much

the phoneline that i had to wait a month and a half for eircom to install, which is well within an enabled exchange and is in a fairly new block of houses (wiring should be fine) they confirmed to me today, after lots and lots of calls and one email, has failed the line test, yay:mad:

www.fastcom.ie seems to be the only real alternative in sligo at the moment, anyone with these guys, know if the service (2meg up and down, wireless) is any good or not (especially for gaming)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Superbrogie

Slow & Unreliablable!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Aren't digiweb and Irish Broadband here in sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 martinm167

stay away from fastcom, they we're fine when i first got connected but for the last 2 month i've had nothing but trouble, slow and unreliable and that when it works, they have done nothing to make fix it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

martinm167 wrote: »
    stay away from fastcom, they we're fine when i first got connected but for the last 2 month i've had nothing but trouble, slow and unreliable and that when it works, they have done nothing to make fix it
    I've been with fastcom for the last 3 or 4 months and this has been my experience with them as well. Luckily I'll be moving out of that house in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm in my parents house because I have to do some things for work and I to use the internet a lot. Having a connection that drops every 30 minutes would just piss me off too much today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mothergoose555

Fastcom are ok when you know how to deal with them. They do throttle and do packetshaping now and again....It's annoying but what you have to do if your with them is either encrypt your P2P stuff, or like I do just don't do any of it.

What you have to do if your dl speeds are crap is talk to them and get them to take you off traffic shaping.

If you do that, then I guarantee you;ll have the lowest pings in the game if it's a an irish Server.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

very old thread lets leave it die

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement