Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest subject?

Options
  • 21-10-2005 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

What do you all think is the hardest subject? I would put a poll but im too lazy.

For me it would have to be either chemistry or English.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

French for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Either economics or maths. I didn't even find irish as hard as those two. It depends on the person, to a large extent if you really like reading then english,history and other text heavy subjects aren't that bad. But you can't read a maths book now can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Chemistry for me, just so much to learn and its really confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

German - hate going to the class and the teacher cant teach there was 13 people in the class now there is only 3 including myself and 1 of the 3 has been out for 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Irish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smoocher

accounting or maths for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Hrm.. I guess Business. But it's not that it's hard, it's just.. so... boring.
    The hardest would actually probably be maths. Was never any good at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Chemsitry and History seem to be putting the most hours in these two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

chemistry...its such an exact subject! i mean today we were told that we'd get no marks for the word clear but full marks for colourless! ARGH :mad:

i'm dreading the irish oral too!!! i can write irish no problem...but do you think i can manage to string a sentence together???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Deffinitly irish! I just can't use the big words!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Paul_D

Applied Math is the hardest, but that's why it is my favorite subject (I don't like math - it's too easy)

French, accounting are very boring, so they are considered to be hard

Have to agree with that app maths comment, so difficult but yet i really love it!! Chemistry is crap too, but only cos i have a crap teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Hone Economics or English for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

there are *no* good chemistry teachers!!!!

for me it was maths, could never fully grasp it

that and Irish but that was never getting counted in my score!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In school, I hated languages. Irish was my worst, and it was my only pass subject. Didn't like English too much either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

spanish!!, accountancy is the easiest because theres 4 in our class so we get more attention :D more done too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

chemistry...its such an exact subject! i mean today we were told that we'd get no marks for the word clear but full marks for colourless! ARGH :mad:
    That pissed me off as well... when I was viewing my Chemistry paper and discovered I got no marks for that exact mistake, and various other things I hadn't phrased properly. Seriously, learn your definitions! You're better off if your teacher is a complete Nazi at marking tests because you will get used to it, whereas my teacher was an easy marker - disaster!
    However, I found Spanish my hardest subject because I'm not great at foreign languages and I always made such a mess of my verbs. Also, though I could write reasonably ok in it, I couldn't speak it at all, which put me into a mad panic coming up to the orals

Fishie wrote:
    That pissed me off as well... when I was viewing my Chemistry paper and discovered I got no marks for that exact mistake, and various other things I hadn't phrased properly. Seriously, learn your definitions! You're better off if your teacher is a complete Nazi at marking tests because you will get used to it, whereas my teacher was an easy marker - disaster!
    However, I found Spanish my hardest subject because I'm not great at foreign languages and I always made such a mess of my verbs. Also, though I could write reasonably ok in it, I couldn't speak it at all, which put me into a mad panic coming up to the orals
    yeah in know! but my teacher is really good about going by marking schemes and stuff and he tells us exactly what to learn and say! i must learn definitions though...i kind of make them up and get half marks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Physics for me, some of it is grand other bits are really hard to understand, maths wise..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

exiot wrote:
    Physics for me, some of it is grand other bits are really hard to understand, maths wise..

i hate physics. i hate it with a passion. oh sure it's 'interesting'... but i suck at it, i hate my physics class and i hate physics! i might have already said that. but it's true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Little Giant

hardest subject to remember all the information- classical studies
    hardest to do well in tests- maths

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I suppose Irish is the hardest because there's so much learning and crap. I'd say anyone could get an A in the subject if they spent all their time learning it, which is really stupid in my opinion. What's the point of learning a ton of notes about some poem and then forgetting it all 3 months after the exam???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

That's the beauty of the Institute! When I moved there I dropped all my hard subjects (chemistry, french and physics) and took up Ag science, Home ec! Mwahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

chem... I have trouble staying awake in that... yeash... Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Irish is your culture, its your heritage. Your not suppose to forget it, thats the whole point. What good would a country be without its own language.. thats why no one likes the Americans, or because they are ignorant..

Irish is an easy subject, sit down as you said, learn the notes. Learn the notes on the poems and Stair na Gaeilge and you will be grand.. They even give you the poem in the LC!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

hardest subject to remember all the information- classical studies
    For Classics you don't have to remember everything about everything, there are a lot of facts there I'll agree, but it's more important to know the key parts really well (except for maybe the art and architecture courses, if you're doing them) I have a list somewhere of all the past exam questions for the four topics I did (Alexander, Augustan Writers, Greek Tragedies, Greek Art and Architecture) and I found it far more useful to sketch out plans of what examples I would use in each essay, and I made sure I knew all the important bits really well. If you like I can dig out my notes and PM you all the past exam questions, I'm not sure if the past papers are up on the net and I know you can't buy them

exiot wrote:
    .. thats why no one likes the Americans...!

i like americans....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i found chemistry the hardest subject, and had problems with irish (might be due to the fact that i hated it!!) but came out with a B in honours :D

i found chemistry the hardest subject, and had problems with irish (might be due to the fact that i hated it!!) but came out with a B in honours :D
    thats really good! I find chemistry hard and i hate irish too lol...i'm gonna have to start working at it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

that was a B in irish, not chem :(

got a D in chem, but it was honours, so it was equilivent to an A in ord :D

if possible stick to honours, really makes a difference to points..my proudest moment was my C1 in hon maths :D:D

Advertisement