Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest subject?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I know all those facts but I just find it really tough, I've picked up german very well but Irish, it may as well be swahili to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Le Rack wrote:
    I know all those facts but I just find it really tough, I've picked up german very well but Irish, it may as well be swahili to me...
    lol that's why we have pass irish. i absolutely hated irish myself just couldn't hack it. dropped down at christmas time in 5th year and got a B2 last summer. in college now and haven't spoken a word of irish since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i chose to keep french on at college, never use a word of irish these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i just could not bring myself to put 14 years of education into irish and not even get points out of it. i know i won't be fluent, i know i won't be speaking it on a daily basis but i'm getting something back.

Cremo wrote:
    lol that's why we have pass irish. i absolutely hated irish myself just couldn't hack it. dropped down at christmas time in 5th year and got a B2 last summer. in college now and haven't spoken a word of irish since.
    I'm not going to pass Irish when I'm grand in Honours and I'm far too good for pass, not being egotistical but the difference is ridiculous! I'm only barely struggling, round a C1 with some extra work hopefully a grade or two more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Taffy89

History..It used to be my favourite subject but the sheer amount of learnig takes away from the interestig parts of it..

Honours maths was hell then i dropped down to pass which is like a breath of fresh air!!

I use to love french but our teacher took a year out and we've a german replacement who doesn't understand english or frenh so to ask a question you are guarenteed the reply "I do not quite understand what you are saying"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 piggy

Defo Irish for me, I actually quite like it, it's just a pity im really really ****e. The course is way too long especially for someone like me who has to learn notes word for word just to get by!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I think it's Phys-Chem. We've got only two classes a week and we're doing the chemistry section and it just won't stick! :(

you're in 6th year with two classes a week? You're meant to have around five?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Le Rack wrote:

No, I;m in 5th year. And the teacher we have is a dip student!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Taffy89 wrote:
    Honours maths was hell then i dropped down to pass which is like a breath of fresh air!!

:D

i love pass maths! its the only thing i'm guaranteed an A1 in but I won't be using for points!! :p

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    No, I;m in 5th year. And the teacher we have is a dip student!:mad:
    that's rediculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Le Rack wrote:
    It really depends on the subject. I do applied maths and I only have one 15 min class a week, although in 5th year it was an hour and 30 mins.

Oh right okay... we have five forty min classes of all acedemic subjects a week, always have...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

For me:

Good= English, Biz
    Ok= Irish, Engineering
    Weak= French, Physics, Maths

All those are honours apart from irish and Engineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i got Eng-B Irish-B Maths -C French-C Business-C Accounting-D Chem-D all hons, but i struggled with irish i found, and chem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I would say Chemistry is probably the worst subject because there are just way too many details to learn.
    I'd say the applied maths exam will probably be the hardest though because we don't have enough time to answer all the questions but at least it's marked fairly easily unlike chemistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I found Irish the hardest by a mile, and was by far my worst result in the LC.

Advertisement