Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick VRT Question

Options
  • 21-10-2005 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just imported a car from England and i'm going to pay the VRT on it soon, just wondering what is the deal with them checking out the car (i.e If it's got a kit / alloys etc.) will this be extra on top of the revenue.ie price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

the revenue.ie price is just a quote - guideline as to what you should expect to pay. the actual sum is agreed on viewing the car. the better the condition the nearer the top of the price bracket you will pay, so in effect a nice kit/alloys will more often than not make a car look a little more pleasing on the eye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

ciarsd wrote:
    the revenue.ie price is just a quote - guideline as to what you should expect to pay. the actual sum is agreed on viewing the car. the better the condition the nearer the top of the price bracket you will pay, so in effect a nice kit/alloys will more often than not make a car look a little more pleasing on the eye!

So the revenue.ie quoted me at around 1,737...what should i expect to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ronanom wrote:
    So the revenue.ie quoted me at around 1,737...what should i expect to pay?

Depends.. what have ya got? :)

JohnCleary wrote:
    Depends.. what have ya got? :)
    quite a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The online quote thing on revenue.ie is exactly what they use there in the office, after they check it they then go out to the car and check the year, milage, make, model and chassis number (to basically just make sure you arent lying) and then charge you then exact amount that the revenue.ie quote system gave them.
    Most of them working there are either aul grannies or students... its highly unlikely you'll get someone bollock-y enough to start sizing up your alloys, skirts etc.

You'll be grand.

• Advertisement

nm wrote:
    The online quote thing on revenue.ie is exactly what they use there in the office, after they check it they then go out to the car and check the year, milage, make, model and chassis number (to basically just make sure you arent lying) and then charge you then exact amount that the revenue.ie quote system gave them.
    Most of them working there are either aul grannies or students... its highly unlikely you'll get someone bollock-y enough to start sizing up your alloys, skirts etc.

You'll be grand.

Hmmmm....they ARE grannies alright....your one took atlease 10 mins to go to the computer and print out the exact same quote on revenue.ie that i had...might just take off the alloys tho, what ya think?
    bm1.jpg

Advertisement