Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is NTL slow in Tallght at the moment?

• 21-10-2005 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed their NTL broadband being a bit slower than usual over the last couple of days? I have the 2meg connection but right now all I'm getting is about 700kbps. I've downloaded quite a lot recently, could that have something to do with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

could be NTL doing upgrade work on the node, goes that way for a few days and then bang back up it goes!

post some pings maybe? and speed test results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

what should I ping? The speed is at 700kbps from irishisptest.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Is ok for me, I just did the irishisptest.com and get download 1.94 and upload 191, also in the 2 MB package.
    What are are you in? i'm Aylesbury area by the old bawn road

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Do NTL peer in INEX yet? If not, then irishisptest.com results may not be all that reliable (because your adding a round trip to England).. if you want to find out if it's contention you'll ideally want to download from as close as possible (do NTL have a large file download/test?)

.cg

nava wrote:
    Hi

Is ok for me, I just did the irishisptest.com and get download 1.94 and upload 191, also in the 2 MB package.
    What are are you in? i'm Aylesbury area by the old bawn road

Regards

I'm in the same area and I usually get similar results to yours so I don't know what's up tonight.

• Advertisement

This is strange - I disabled my firewall and the speed went back to normal, not only that but it's staying at normal speed now I have re-activated the firewall. It's Kerio Personal Firewall that I'm running by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Despatch wrote:
    This is strange - I disabled my firewall and the speed went back to normal, not only that but it's staying at normal speed now I have re-activated the firewall. It's Kerio Personal Firewall that I'm running by the way.

Get Zone Alarm Pro.:)

Advertisement