Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lil' help?

Options
  • 21-10-2005 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the history department is open over the weekend? I'm supposed to have an essay in by Monday 24th of October so I'm wondering if I can hand it in tomorrow?

If I hand it in late I think I lose 2% so if any of you can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Those who do not learn from mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them.

Have they ever been closed before ?

Surely you could find someone to hand it in for you on monday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surely you could find someone to hand it in for you on monday ?

I can hand it in myself tomorrow - I just don't know if the department is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

http://www.ucd.ie/history/adminlist.html

Try contacting them tomorrow to see if you can drop it in.

Note that that website kills your eyes and it crashed my internet explorer aswell, (seems the history departments are takin g the get firefox campaign a smidgen too far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't think I've given an assignment in on time yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Are you not in on monday?
    If the department in question isn't open & you have to register when you hand it in instead of just putting it into one of those letter-box yokes, pm me & i can hand it in for you on monday with a nice lil story about how you're ill but still managed to finish your assignment cuz you're such a lil trooper! *sniffle*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

MNG: Which essay is this thats due in on the 24th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

erm, what happens if you give in an assignment late? none of my tutors have mentioned anything about penalties... and they've not said anything when I give it in late. And different tutorial groups with the same assignment often have different deadlines, so what's the point? Also, with all the changes and uncertainty about tutorials, it's a little hard to keep up. I also asked the secretary when I was giving in an assignment, 'does it not matter that it's late?' and she just said, 'they'll do it anyway!'

I haven't heard any mention of penalties, or read them either.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

One of the assignments i've been given i was told that if it was late that we'd get no marks for it. Other ones we were told nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DaveMcG wrote:
    erm, what happens if you give in an assignment late? none of my tutors have mentioned anything about penalties... and they've not said anything when I give it in late. And different tutorial groups with the same assignment often have different deadlines, so what's the point? Also, with all the changes and uncertainty about tutorials, it's a little hard to keep up. I also asked the secretary when I was giving in an assignment, 'does it not matter that it's late?' and she just said, 'they'll do it anyway!'

I haven't heard any mention of penalties, or read them either.

Any help?

As far as I know, it's 2% for each day you're late. Last year in philosophy I handed in an essay exactly two weeks late and I lost 20%. As I understand it, another day later and they wouldn't have accepted it.

I think that's the general rule. They won't accept after two weeks but you lose a small percentage for each day.
    Grimes wrote:
    MNG: Which essay is this thats due in on the 24th?

It's one of my history essays. I've another history essay due the following day and I've a politics essay the day after that. I've essays all over the place!:D

Advertisement